Tinnitus + Autism/ADHD and Other Mental Illnesses

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Contrast, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Hi everyone you can call me Contrast, I had tinnitus for about a month now (possibly before) I have autism, an addictive personality and this bipolar depression which before I was struggling to manage coping with life situations now this tinnitus is making me feel heavily suicidal and I'm trying to get help but I feel it's too late. This is the ultimate low in my life and I had a lot of promises that I worked hard for in 2018, but it's probably all over now while I watch my life crumble before my eyes realizing I failed as a human being. I just want a break from this tinnitus but can't. I have so much to say but this is just introduction, yeah I hope I can be part of clinical trials for hearing loss as I personally an hoping that regenerated hair cells gets rid of my ultra high frequency tinnitus in both ears.

10000 Hz 10 kHz Sine Wave Sound Frequency Tone

This video sums up the tinnitus in my left ear and middle of my head

In my right ear it's slightly louder in the ultra high pitch range but not as high as my left.

I am not sure if my tinnitus is distorting my hearing in music I once enjoyed this is really depressing
      when I lay down I notice it's worse. I'm rapidly gaining and losing weight over the past month and called suicide hotlines, I wanna take anti depressants but serotonin makes tinnitus worse. IRL I barely have any friends and most of my friends I associated with are toxic people I met on the internet, I'm a lost broken person and need help. It seems I am finally going to get help but it's too late.

I can't find a way to push through this and science hasn't found the cure yet and I'm not gonna be the lucky one to be in clinical trials because I got 100% on a normal hearing test it's ultra high frequencies that are damaged. It's extremely devastating and a super dream killer.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      So sorry to hear about your situation.

I can relate to having several conditions/illnesses to battle besides the tinnitus as I had depression and anxiety on/off years before I had tinnitu and also I have a mild ADD diagnosis. It really makes dealing with tinnitus so much harder when you have several other obstacles in your way.

How bad is your T? I mean how loud is it on a scale of 1-10?

Also, I would really rethink your opinion on taking antidepressants, I have been on them for several years and was put on some other ones when the tinnitus nightmare began., and they have not made my T worse, actually they have helped me a lot, If you are suicidal, then I would think you have nothing to loose. their is some debate that maybe SSRI antidepressant can make tinnitus worse but their are many antidepressants which are not SSRI. The ones I take are not.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Contrast,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Tinnitus comes from the limbic part of your brain and your emotions come from there too!
      I understand how you are feeling and wanting to check if the sound is still there and the emotional turmoil it can cause.
      Most people with tinnitus have a emotional wobble and with having Bipolar I know it can go from one extreme to another like a rollercoaster.
      We are here to support you and your never alone.
      Make sure your doctor knows how you are feeling and see if there is any room for improvement in your medication to help you.
      Tinnitus can change sound and strenght and in one ear or both and head also and can spike and calm down over a few days.
      Try to relax as much as you can and keep relaxing music on around you.
      Love glynis

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @Contrast - Maybe gabapentin and/or lamictal would help? AD's seem to have a lot of side effects IMO.

5. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      @Contrast I have sent you a pm - check your in box.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      @Tamika I see, and thank you but I cannot reply to it for some reason.