Tinnitus Better Today with Robaxin

Discussion in 'Support' started by Eve, May 31, 2015.

1. Eve

Eve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      My doctor gave me a prescription for Robaxin for lower back pain. Two hrs later my T calmed down quite a bit. 5hrs now and T getting a bit louder. Wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar reaction.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi Eve, what was your Robaxin dosage?

I'm following that path right now, relaxing my neck muscles. Robaxin as not improved my T yet, but i think it could work with the right dosages. I was prescribed 1 tab each 8 hours, i think it is so litle.

I Think you are in the right path also, if Robaxin got your T down, go and follow all of your neck/back problems.

Regards,

3. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Robaxin is a muscle relaxant like Flexeril. Some muscle relaxants do lessen tinnitus and perhaps Robaxin is part of this category. For best results, see if your doctor can prescribe a long action version (if one is available). That is important for maintaining whatever silence (or reduced volume) the drug is giving you. It is also recommend for Flexeril users.

It's interesting Robixin is also used for opiate withdrawal so it must hit GABA receptors.

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 12.15.53 AM.png

I'm not sure if Robaxin comes in sustained release, but here is the link for Flexeril.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I use Robaxin and it seems to work better than Flexeril IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'd seen some very modest improvement in my T with Flexeril, and more significant gains in my TMJ pains. It was never sustainable, though, and I'm skeptical of drugs so I didn't refill it.

I am happy to say that lately, doing pretty light, specific yoga about 10-15 minutes a day, and being mindful of the position I fall asleep in, seems to have the same advantages. So, if somatic stuff is a factor in your T, you might want to try that. Specific yoga poses that I think help are sphinx / baby cobra (2-3 breaths in pose, 2-3 reps), cat/cow (20-30 reps), plank -> downward dog -> warrior (2-3 reps on each side).

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      How does Robaxin work? Does it work on neurotransmitters or something else?

7. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      It relaxes muscles so if your tinnitus is caused by muscle problems it can help...

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Do you know the pharmacology though?

9. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Methocarbamol is a central muscle relaxant used to treat skeletal muscle spasms. Under the trade name Robaxin, it is marketed by Actient Pharmaceuticals in the United States and Pfizer in Canada. The mechanism of action of methocarbamol is currently unknown, but may involve the inhibition of carbonic anhydrase.[2] The muscle relaxant effects of methocarbamol are largely attributed to central depressant effects;[3] however, peripheral effects of methocarbamol to prolong muscle refractory period have also been reported.[4] As with guaifenesin, inhibition of the NMDA receptor may be involved in the effects of methocarbamol. As of 2015 the cost for a typical month of medication in the United States is less than 25 USD.[5]

• Like Like x 1
    10. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Great! That is what I wanted to know. Not sure where you found that but a good find!