Tinnitus Caused by Degenerative Disc Disease

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ajaans, May 4, 2019.

1. Ajaans
      Spaced

Ajaans Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Degenerative Disc Disease
      Hello all,

My tinnitus started a couple of years ago. It was infrequent and just mildly annoying. Over time it has gotten worse and is now a daily occurrence and can be debilitating when it is at its worst.
      It turns out that it is being caused by, which maybe I will quote from the report, I am not an MD lol:

Moderate to pronounced degenerative disc disease at C3/C4 through C5/C6.
      Posterior osteophytes at C3/C4 and C4/C5 which may narrow the spinal canal.
      Neural foramina narrowing at these levels and Grade 1 retrolisthesis of C3 an C4 likely degenerative.

I had to google all of that. The Dr's are taking a fairly conservative approach with massage and physical therapy.

I am hoping to find some tips of other things to be done, I have tried acupuncture and various exercises and a variety of prescriptions but nothing really seems to help.

I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone and hopefully we can all get some help.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/14 (tones) 12/22 (hum, right ear)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have osteochondrosis in the intervertebral discs from my
      cervical spine. When is move my head, it hear a little crunch-sound in my neck. I donĀ“t know if that has something to do with my Tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ajaans
      Spaced

Ajaans Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Degenerative Disc Disease
      Have it checked, it very well may have to do with it.

4. Tretred

Tretred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Remeron/stress/back issues?
      I am seeing an upper cervical chiro and it seems to be helping. I have no idea if that is related to your situation, your explanation is wonderful just over my head. I also have tmj and from what I understand jaw and back issues can go hand in hand. Jaw issues can cause tinnitus too. Just thought I would stop in because I have the back issues too.

5. Dip

Dip Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Ajaans did chiro help with your tinnitus?