Tinnitus Changed After 6 Months

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChiGuy, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bilateral mild hearing loss of unknown origin.
      Hi all. Before I go into the details of my changing T, I want to give a brief background of myself for those who have not read my other posts. I developed bilateral T towards the end of April. I was diagnosed with mild bilateral high frequency hearing loss. It eventually settled to a multi-tone, bilateral monster. The best I can describe it is as follows: left ear - constant high pitched tone with a lower pitched beeping tone riding on top.... right ear - higher pitched tone than in left that radiated to the middle of my head. There is also an intermittent tone on the right that varies in intensity. When I say intermittent, I mean it is never a constant tone... on for a second and off for a second... like it is fighting really hard to be a pain in my a$$! Sometimes it can completely disappear. The T in my right ear was more intrusive but I felt my hearing was more diminished on the left (that's how much T makes sense). Anyways, that was the symphony for about 6 months.

Over time, the T on my right side began to change. At first, I could hear it outdoors. Then it transformed into something the outdoors would mask (as you can imagine, I spend A LOT of time outside!!!!) About a month ago, the radiating tone that went from my right ear to the middle of my head went away!!!! I was happy about that!!!! However, I was knocked on my tail by the new version of the intermittent tone. It sounds way louder!!!! I don't know if it really got louder or if I just perceive it as more prominent because it is no longer accompanied by the other tone. Regardless, this new configuration has turned me into a Jekyll and Hyde. When the intermittent tone is not presenting, I feel pure bliss. My T is so low and symmetric that I feel like it's completely gone. I woke up at 4:00 AM on Monday and laid down in my son's bed next to him. This room is normally a death trap for me because it is small and carpeted. However, I was laying there in peace. It was such a precious moment!!! Now, when the intermittent tone kicks in with full force, I'm not used to it and feel the shock of when I first got T. It takes me to a very dark place. I'm trying to stay positive by hoping that this is the final battle in my head against the intermittent tone. Since it's not always present and cuts out every second or so, I feel it can be defeated!!! I just tapered off of Zoloft but I may have to go back on because of the intermittent bastard. Hopefully, I can make it without meds. I am cautiously optimist as there is just one tone keeping me from being in a much better place.

Over the course of 7 months, I tried everything to treat my T... from multiple regimens of vitamins / supplements to $40,000 worth of HBOT. I feel there is only one thing that has showed results and this is black seed oil. I have been taking it consistently for about 6 weeks. Right now I am virtually in silence. I am also a bit on edge, because that bad tone may be around the corner. I will keep everyone updated on my navigation through these new waters. I'm hoping this is a change for the better. As always, I wish you all the best in your recovery!

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I agree. Let's hope for the best.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bill Bauer Thanks for the well wishes. It's midnight in Chicago. Even though I have work tomorrow, I'm staying up a bit longer to absorb this moment of "silence". I'm not sure what noises I will wake up to, but I am thankful for this moment.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How many HBOT sessions did you end up having?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20 sessions @ 2.5 ATA.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is still at a low level. After 7 months, my baseline has gradually dropped. I'm hoping that today's configuration is the new baseline. I have noticed something interesting. Now that my T is lower, I notice the mild hearing loss more. I'm not used to that. I will probably schedule another hearing test before end of year. Trying to stay positive...

• Like Like x 2
    7. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      what kind of black seed oil? where do u buy it? thanks

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    9. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Bastard indeed. I may have to go on a AD myself to break out of my noise loop. I hate the side effects though. I have hearing loss and tinnitus similar to you. Good luck to you with the black seed oil and keep us updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sitting on my tail right now in confusion. I've tried a little bit of everything like you to silence the noise.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Even though my T has turned into something more manageable, since I'm off the AD, I'm still bothered by it..... hahaha I can never win!!!

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah it seems like depression and tinnitus are intertwined somewhat especially with people that have had mental disorders in the past. I have some Cymbalta and Amitriptyline to try. Nortriptyline and Amitriptyline both seem to give me dry mouth in 2-3 days. Cymbalta I'm not sure about as I only last a few days on that as well.

13. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      hang in there man....mine changed as well during the first 6 months....it got better and the crazy EEEing is gone but of course a tone remains that fills the blankness of silence in quite rooms. When I am outside i do not notice it or in a room with general conversation going on but of course I will never be truly happy with this...I dont bother trying to treat it...All i do now is keep finding better ways to mask my T when i am in quite rooms lol this is the best if you ask me :)

Sleep Well! Boiler Room White noise. 8 Hours!

14. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @ChiGuy
      Congrats, hope your healing continues.
      I need to try the black seed oil, thank you for the info.
      Angela

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jomo & @Sonic17 Thanks for the encouragement. Although there are moments when my head is closer to silence, there are other times when my T just spikes. I am not used to this configuration and I just got off ADs so it's definitely a struggle sometimes.

I have 3 kids ages 10, 7, & 4. The combination of myself, my children, and my T has turned out to be a painful dance. I keep telling myself, once this ringing goes away, I will do all the fun things I used to with my kids. Every day I think like this amounts to another day wasted which I will never get back. I need to stop this thinking.

16. dazraf

dazraf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Can you detail how you take the oil? morning/eve ? with/without food? 1 tea spoon?

17. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      When your T is more reduced do you experience a foggy feeling sometimes? I have never experienced silence, only the high pitched tone would go away and then I would Hear waves all over my head...

18. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      this is awesome. :)

• Like Like x 1
    19. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      It feels great to know this worked for u man !! I put it on at work and most people dont even notice it lol

20. Voice of jack
      Mellow

Voice of jack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 29th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known but had an ear infection and hearing loss
      Boiler room noise really great, I use white or pink noise sometimes with a stream in the back ground. But this really cool......and helps even now with TV on.

BTW I have another acupunture appointment tomorrow, 5th one but nothing really changed, also 2 more doses of Prednisolne that the ENT consultant prescribed me last week, I am hoping my T was a result of an ear infection which made me totally deaf in my right which returned and 6 weeks later. I got T in my left ear ironically it appeared within a few hours of a CT scan on the 29th January 2108........I wonder any connection.

Regards to all.

Jack.

• Like Like x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 teaspoon twice a day. Mornings without food and evenings after dinner. Hope this helps!

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChiGuy

ChiGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2107
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did not experience a foggy feeling. The biggest change I noticed was that I no longer had the "head ringing". Now a have bilateral "ear ringing".... hope that makes sense. In my case, the "ear ringing" is much more manageable.

23. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      That's funny (Not really) that you describe the room you're in by the thick carpet. That's how you know someone isn't making this stuff up.