Tinnitus Changed to Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kevvy., Mar 11, 2019.

1. Kevvy.

Kevvy. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial Noise,Anxiety
      Hi,

Just recently my tinnitus changed... Originally it was a low hum. Then changed to a constant high pitch... Now, for the past three weeks that constant high pitch has now begun to pulse rhythmically with my heartbeat... It has now getting to the point whereby I'm seriously losing hope.

Just as I feel I am habituating to the noise it goes and changes... But now with this pulsing I have no confidence in habituation, especially at night... I also have chronic insomnia... therefore these 2 combined are horrendous... I'm getting off to sleep but then I wake after 3-4 hours and cannot get back to sleep.... No matter what... I have read how there are literally a hundred and one possible causes to Pulsatile Tinnitus...

I have seen 2 ENTs (who confirmed tinnitus) and an MRI that found no issues... Where I go from here I don't know... Just getting a better night's sleep would make it all the more bearable...
      If anybody has any thoughts on the most efficient route to an answer I would appreciate it.

Regards,
      Kevin.

2. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      Hey man first of all I'm sorry to hear about this. I can relate. I thought my tinnitus was bad enough and then one morning (after a few days of things being calmed down) I awoke one Saturday morning to a piercing pulsatile tinnitus out of nowhere which has been on and off ever since. It's all been very surreal.

Is there anything at all in your opinion that may have triggered this change? Has anything such as your diet changed? Just trying to troubleshoot.

Also, with regards to your sleep. You say you wake up after 3-4 hours of sleep. Well what causes your awakenings? Is your tinnitus that loud to the point where it is waking you up in between sleep cycles?

3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      my t started out as a loud whistle that went to pulse t. 2yrs into pulsing.. i found myself falling asleep to the pulse almost comforted by it.

4. Sage
      Cheerful

Sage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      have tinnitus and have recent PT, from recent sinus infect
      Wow I can sympathize with you too... never had too many problems with slight tinnitus, but this last month I have a roaring sinus infection, never had one before... stuffed up nose, blowing every minute of the day, mucus, mucus, clicking sounds, jaw sounds when yawning, muffled sound from left ear, like talking in a tunnel, mild headaches, hear fluid "shifting" around when I bend over... good grief, what else?

Well here comes the "what else," after suffering with these awful sinus issues, the other night I wake up 3 days ago, in middle of the night with the infamous "whooshing" sounds, to the rhythm of my heart beat... talk about scary, had no idea what was happening. And the more I listened, the more nervous and anxious I got...

Ultimately, I have to attribute all this to the sinus infection... this is too coincidental not be be...

In my early years, I did have a perforated ear drum, blew my nose way to hard as a little kid, ( but never bothered me after it went away ) there was pain, some bleeding and discharge, not fun, but it all has to mean something in connection to my new malady, Pulsatile Tinnutis...! oh joy ...

Thank you, it is comforting to interact with others here with the same and or similar situations...

to your good health,

awe11.jpg
      the Sage :love:

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Sage
      Cheerful

Sage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, Jazzer, for the hug...

so kind you are ...

hugs back,
      the Sage
      :huganimation:

6. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Nice to meet you @Sage
      and we got a lovely photo to start us off,
      Take care
      Dave x
      Jazzer

7. Sage
      Cheerful

Sage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Jazzer, so nice to meet you... your words are so kind, thank you...

have a nice day, as always...
      the Sage :huganimation: