Tinnitus Cure Development Funding

Discussion in 'Support' started by joe, Jan 23, 2012.

tinnitus forum
    1. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      There's a lot of new companies who have ideas but really struggle with funding, how can these companies be helped. Our future depends on research who will come up with the funds

2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Joe,
      I know the ATA does some funding of research through donation. I like to donate to them. I think they are pretty legit. You could check their web site and see what you think. http://www.ata.org/

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      And in the UK there's Action on Hearing Loss (it also funds tinnitus research) and British Tinnitus Association.

We will have a complete list of organizations worth looking into and donating to in a while once the new Knowledge Base that is in the works is published.

But from the top of my mind I'd say ATA, Action on Hearing Loss (which was previously known as RNID, Royal National Institute for Deaf People) and BTA are the biggest ones.

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      All of these could use with so much more money, there is lots of research in need of funding, yet these organizations aren't able to fund everyone.

If every tinnitus sufferer donated $1... but yeah, easier said than done.

5. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I think posting a few direct links in this forum to make a donation would be a good idea, i'll be making a few donations here and there soon, but ATA is of course first on the list, Markku you are very right indeed, if everyone who suffered from this donated something it would make a difference for sure.

6. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      This seems to be the problem, everyone seems to donate to the big organisations, I know for fact B.T.A (british tinnitus association) donate to UCL Ear Institute, who got 7 Million GBP yes there big but don't have a possible cure or protocol, like for example Micro Transponder who are nearly there with the cure but desperately need the Money $2 Million to be exact. This is where its all going wrong. Like Markku said if $1 from every T sufferer went to the correct organisations a solution would be here so much sooner?

7. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Its shameful the amount of money that goes into fascism.
      While so many people suffer from various problems.