Tinnitus Cured NO BS

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe Gado, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Joe Gado

Joe Gado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      People are being told tinnitus cannot be cured. This is wrong. If you have tinnitus try a few things and tell this thread your results.

First you need to detox. Do not consume GRAINS, REFINED/WHITE SUGAR, DAIRY OR LEGUMES. This will cause a slew of symptoms that will take up to 3 weeks to go away. During this time your body, (which is freaking amazing) will clean out loads of toxins and reduce INFLAMMATION.

Second increase your whole fruit and vegetable servings. Eat 2 DINNER PLATES full of spring greens, Spinach or any dark green leafy vegetables EVERY DAY. This will provide much needed vitamins and minerals to your body so that it can make the repairs needed. Also, eat all different colors of fruits and vegetables as this will insure a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Ginger is good for circulation and inflammation.

Third you need to SLEEP as much as possible.

Fourth you need to drink plenty of water.

For a little back ground on me. I had tinnitus for about 2 weeks. I never went to the doctors because I already knew what I was going to be told; tinnitus cannot be cured. I am a student studying to be a registered dietitian, so looking to nutrition is always the FIRST thing I do and it has not failed me yet. I have also been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I know what caused my diagnoses, aspartame, and I had loss ALL hearing in my right ear, had extreme vertigo, nystagmus, diplopia, and blurred vision. Today I do NOT suffer from any of those conditions. This was possible by giving my BODY the tools it needed to make the repairs that the body (alone) knows how to make. Drugs hinder your body's immune system.

PLEASE notice that I DID NOT TRY TO SELL YOU ANYTHING. This information is free because I want to help anyone living with this condition and believing that it is for life.
      So, in closing, your body is amazingly powerful, just fuel it and watch it work. You will NEVER doubt your body again. The eating style I am adopting is paleo, if that makes it easier to follow for the detox. This WILL NOT be EASY.

YES, this is EXTREME, but so is LIVING with TINNITUS.

• Funny x 3
      • Like x 2
      • Helpful x 2
      • Optimistic x 1
      • Creative x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've done essentially everything on your list for stretches of time.

It makes me feel great and solves all sorts of other problems I have, but I've never noticed much impact on the ringing (which I have as a result of noise trauma and benzos, I might add).

• Like Like x 1
    3. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Breaking news, detox diet cures tinnitus.

Not.

• Funny Funny x 9
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To be fair, I've read many, many accounts of people having significant success with this exact approach. I think it has a lot to do with what's causing someone's tinnitus in the first place. Chronic suffers with physical damage to the hearing apparatus are unlikely to see this same dramatic change -- though, I suspect that anyone who is able to adhere to a basically paleo diet to a militant extent, will probably see dramatic changes in their body of one kind or another.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    5. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I would love to believe this to be true. But it simply isn't. The body is great at healing many things, especially when it's properly cared for. But, we can't forget that this doesn't mean the body can heal from literally everything. Unfortunately, tinnitus is one of those things.

And if you only had tinnitus for 2 weeks, then how do you know it wouldn't have gone away on its own?

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      Diet has nothing to do with curing tinnitus. Unfortunately, this is all wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Sorry, don't think the above is a "cure" for tinnitus, although I am glad it helped the OP.

However, if you want to try it, why not? All the suggestions listed would prove healthy for anyone, tinnitus or no. and it doesn't cost you a thing. I tried a lot of things that certainly didn't "cure" me -- better diet, exercise, meditation -- but they certainly were good for me.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      "You are what you eat" is true to a great extent, but a healthy diet has been touted as a cure for everything from fibromyalgia to cancer to gum disease to you-name-it. Our bodies just don't work that way. You may have had success because of your unique physiology. Also, 2 weeks isn't enough time to gauge the success of any treatment. It isn't typical, but it isn't unheard of for tinnitus to go away on its own within 2 weeks to a few months.

FWIW, nothing I eat (or don't eat) has ever affected my tinnitus. It does what it wants to do. Tinnitus has already caused enough restrictions on my life, I'm not willing to make it my master at the breakfast, lunch and dinner table, too.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    9. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      BULLSHIT!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1