Tinnitus Cured NO BS

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe Gado, Jun 19, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Joe Gado

Joe Gado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      People are being told tinnitus cannot be cured. This is wrong. If you have tinnitus try a few things and tell this thread your results.

First you need to detox. Do not consume GRAINS, REFINED/WHITE SUGAR, DAIRY OR LEGUMES. This will cause a slew of symptoms that will take up to 3 weeks to go away. During this time your body, (which is freaking amazing) will clean out loads of toxins and reduce INFLAMMATION.
      Second increase your whole fruit and vegetable servings. Eat 2 DINNER PLATES full of spring greens, Spinach or any dark green leafy vegetables EVERY DAY. This will provide much needed vitamins and minerals to your body so that it can make the repairs needed. Also, eat all different colors of fruits and vegetables as this will insure a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Ginger is good for circulation and inflammation.
      Third you need to SLEEP as much as possible.
      Fourth you need to drink plenty of water.

For a little back ground on me. I had tinnitus for about 2 weeks. I never went to the doctors because I already knew what I was going to be told; tinnitus cannot be cured. I am a student studying to be a registered dietitian, so looking to nutrition is always the FIRST thing I do and it has not failed me yet. I have also been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I know what caused my diagnoses, aspartame, and I had loss ALL hearing in my right ear, had extreme vertigo, nystagmus, diplopia, and blurred vision. Today I do NOT suffer from any of those conditions. This was possible by giving my BODY the tools it needed to make the repairs that the body (alone) knows how to make. Drugs hinder your body's immune system.
      PLEASE notice that I DID NOT TRY TO SELL YOU ANYTHING. This information is free because I want to help anyone living with this condition and believing that it is for life.
      So, in closing, your body is amazingly powerful, just fuel it and watch it work. You will NEVER doubt your body again. The eating style I am adopting is paleo, if that makes it easier to follow for the detox. This WILL NOT be EASY.

YES, this is EXTREME, but so is LIVING with TINNITUS.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      I've done essentially everything on your list for stretches of time.

It makes me feel great and solves all sorts of other problems I have, but I've never noticed much impact on the ringing (which I have as a result of noise trauma and benzos, I might add).

3. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Breaking news, detox diet cures tinnitus.

Not.

• Funny Funny x 7
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      To be fair, I've read many, many accounts of people having significant success with this exact approach. I think it has a lot to do with what's causing someone's tinnitus in the first place. Chronic suffers with physical damage to the hearing apparatus are unlikely to see this same dramatic change -- though, I suspect that anyone who is able to adhere to a basically paleo diet to a militant extent, will probably see dramatic changes in their body of one kind or another.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I would love to believe this to be true. But it simply isn't. The body is great at healing many things, especially when it's properly cared for. But, we can't forget that this doesn't mean the body can heal from literally everything. Unfortunately, tinnitus is one of those things.

And if you only had tinnitus for 2 weeks, then how do you know it wouldn't have gone away on its own?

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      Diet has nothing to do with curing tinnitus. Unfortunately, this is all wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Sorry, don't think the above is a "cure" for tinnitus, although I am glad it helped the OP.

However, if you want to try it, why not? All the suggestions listed would prove healthy for anyone, tinnitus or no. and it doesn't cost you a thing. I tried a lot of things that certainly didn't "cure" me -- better diet, exercise, meditation -- but they certainly were good for me.

8. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      "You are what you eat" is true to a great extent, but a healthy diet has been touted as a cure for everything from fibromyalgia to cancer to gum disease to you-name-it. Our bodies just don't work that way. You may have had success because of your unique physiology. Also, 2 weeks isn't enough time to gauge the success of any treatment. It isn't typical, but it isn't unheard of for tinnitus to go away on its own within 2 weeks to a few months.

FWIW, nothing I eat (or don't eat) has ever affected my tinnitus. It does what it wants to do. Tinnitus has already caused enough restrictions on my life, I'm not willing to make it my master at the breakfast, lunch and dinner table, too.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Everyone's tinnitus is different. There can never be a single cure for Tinnitus.

Many have Tinnitus from Loud Noise exposure
      Many have Tinnitus from Head Trauma
      Many have Tinnitus from TMJ issues
      Some have Tinnitus from Ear infection
      Some have Tinnitus from brain damage
      Some have Tinnitus from Ototoxic meds
      Some have Tinnitus due to High IntraCranial Pressure, in which case, DIET or trying new green foods won't help, only a LUMBAR PUNCTURE or medications like DIOMEX will help solve Tinnitus.

For someone to claim they have a magic wand to solve tinnitus gives away their lack of knowledge in the complexity of all the different kinds of Tinnitus causes out there. While we appreciate your willingness to help us, unfortunately it won't do most tinnitus sufferers any good.

We will need several cures for tinnitus as everyone's Tinnitus is different.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise
      As the others said, it won't cure tinnitus in most cases, but it's interesting nonetheless. May I suggest that you could present your findings in a less 'definitive' or 'aggressive' way? Of course you're trying to help, but 'tinnitus cured NO BS' based on one limited experience is not realistic.
      I do think that diet is quite overlooked when it comes to getting healthy and feeling better in general, though.

I'm curious about detoxing and would like to look into it some more. How did you come up with the plan above? Do you have any sources you could refer to? I prefer material that has been backed up by scientific studies.

I wonder why one should not eat legumes during the detox. I thought legumes were healthy...?
      By the way, I've been following a vegan diet, high in fruits and vegetables, for the last 8 years.

11. Joe Gado

Joe Gado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Our bodies fight off hundreds of thousands environmental and food born toxins every single day. There are no doctors there to help it with that fight. Humans were not born to be sick. Health is our natural state. You are right, I do not know if the tinnitus would have gone away on it's own. But had it gone away on it's own, that still would have been my body fixing the problem. What I do know is that, for me, it was not present and then it was. I refuse to believe that there is nothing that can be done about a situation in the body. I know I did not site any sources, but I am speaking from experience. Try and read between the lines of what you have been told. Just for example, saturated fat is supposed to be bad for you. Research how that idea came to be or research the effects of refined carbohydrates and msg on the body. This stuff is real. I was not aware of these facts and I only post this to bring awareness to people who may not be aware. It is very frustrating hearing people tell other that their situation is permanent only because someone told them it was. those 2 weeks I had it was enough. It really scares me to think that people are living with tinnitus for years. All I ask is that you try the suggestions. Just try it. I know there are plenty of restrictions in your lives already, but these restrictions are ones that I believe will change your life for the better.

I only post this to help.

12. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise
      Okay, understood. Thanks for trying to help! :)

13. Joe Gado

Joe Gado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      My interest began with documentaries.

Hungry for change
      Fed up
      Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
      Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2
      Crazy, Sexy, Cancer
      May I Be Frank
      Sweet Misery

Books
      Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes is a very good book to read as well.
      The Wahl's Protocol by Dr. Terry Wahls

People
      R.D. L. Wells of Long Beach City College
      Self Experimentation

I just started my nutrition major, but I do plan to talk to many more more people and never stop learning.

14. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      I know you are trying to help, but you are inadvertently stirring people's emotions by coming out and saying diet is the answer. It isn't. Not for tinnitus, and never will be. There is NO prescribed cure for this condition.

If you have "cured" your problem by not eating fats or legumes or whatever, then I am pleased for you.

I have had tinnitus for over 25 years. Yes, it has immensely affected my life and yes, I have tried everything and yes, it has scared me, made me unhappy and caused massive suffering.

I suggest you forget you ever had tinnitus and enjoy your silence, because there are millions of us out here who cannot forget tinnitus and never hear silence. Unless there is a cure, we will go on hearing tinnitus until we draw our last breath of air

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    15. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      You know I'm glad you brought this up. Because Joe Cross wears glasses despite the fact that he eats a green diet and juice fasts regularly... But yet it doesn't cure his eye sight. Do you see the point I'm making?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    16. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hey Joe, I completely dig your positivity, but you should be very careful with the word "cure" and especially with the way you deliver information. You seem to presume in your first post that none of us have tried what you suggest. I eat a largely paleo diet, have for a while. I exercise daily, I drink very rarely. My T is still kicking.

That said, I strongly agree that diet and exercise can change and fix a great many ailments - so I'm on board with you there. Eating this way has made my mood more stable and happy, my body stonger, I get sick less often and it's helped immensely with other medical problems I have. It's definitely made my tinnitus less annoying/easier to deal with. It might even stop/ameliorate T depending on the cause, but it isn't a cure for all.

I'm very happy to hear your T faded away and that you're a healthy person spreading the world about eating well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I wish what you say would be true. For some maybe it works but I have been on special autoimmune diet for 3 months with no cheating and it did nothing to tinnitus or my disease. I do also believe that body can heal byitself but I think the healing process is very long compared to conventional way. That's the main reason people give up so quickly. In my case I probably was already eating too healthy before I adjusted my diet so that's why probably I could not tell any difference. Changing Diet works for those who eat crap. If you eat healthy diet slight modifications to achieve perfection do nothing that can be noticed. I have been doing it for last year and so far no results except big frustration from living in prison due to food restrictions. Trust me if you really want to eat healthy you will struggle a lot. Try grain free, nuts free, eggs free and wheat free diet for 3 months and you will understand what I mean. Our current environment is not designed to be a healthy spot. Getting the best food is difficult and very expensive. It is hard to change ones culture to comply with organic best foods. So far my t did not change and I eat like maybe 1% Americans or less.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      You had tinnitus for 2 WEEKS! it probably was going to resolve itself anyway just as the majority of tinnitus experiences do. Fleeting tinnitus, temporary tinnitus or call it whatever but the vast majority of tinnitus cases are temporary. Good luck to you though and have a great life but there is no cure for tinnitus which is a symptom of some disorder and unless that disorder is successfully treated tinnitus will not disappear.

• Agree Agree x 4
    19. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      A lil humility would do you good. The T can come back.

20. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Tinnitus Miracle and Reverse my Tinnitus offer the same kind of help but in reality only offer false hope by playing on T sufferers desperation!

I hope you take heed of this temporary Tinnitus you had and insure you look after your ears in future.

Footnote.

No drastic lifestyle changes will do anything in the way of curing whatever affliction you have in 2 weeks!

• Agree Agree x 3
    21. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      While **'you are what you eat'** is sort of essentially true, it's not an *universal cure* for everything.

My diet is top notch, and it always has been. I was raised by a family that cared about nutrition.
      And yet, I still contracted the worst degree of T possible. Why? It all looks like a damage to the cochlea. Can my body fix such damage? I've no clue. No one has any clue! But it looks bleak so far. Very bleak. Suicidally bleak.

@Joe Gado, seriously you never had chronic/permanent T. What you were experiencing for two weeks was **temporarily T** probably caused by some kind of irritation, like pressure in the middle ear due to a cold, tensed muscles (eustachian tubes) or nerve blockage.

Either way, no permanent damage was caused. Thus, T resolved in no time.
      Consider yourself *very* lucky.
      You have been granted a second chance on life. Don't squander it! Seize the moment. Enjoy the sanity and sense.
      Everybody here would immediately trade with you!

But tell us, have you had any *hearing loss* in those two weeks?

You know, it's always the same thing, when we start to lose something **precious** we learn to appreciate what we had.

• Agree Agree x 4
    22. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I completely agree with you.
      Few months ago I found out I had super early stage of autoimmune disease. I switched my diet and after six months my blood tests got worse. My diet was optimized to my body and did nothing. People think they know so much but true is we know sh.. about our bodies. I bet human hair cells can be regenerated with simple signal or message we just don't know what that signal is. We are still age stone stupid and I wonder if we ever decipher how that machine works? What if there is 5th dimension holding it all together?

23. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      The problem is, the cochlea is way to tiny (size of a pea) and profoubdly hard to reach. In addition, the whole hearing apparatus is very complex.
      A 5th dimension, that sounds like the movie Interstellar. ^^ but who knows, maybe you're right about that.

24. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm very sorry but two weeks of T? Please.... If you'd had years of it perhaps but two weeks it can disappear as fast as it came for no known reason whatever. Glad that you found the diet helpful though. But truthfully, although there is no reason you should not be kind enough to share with others what you believe has worked, just think for one moment. There are people who've had terrible T for many many years. If you think there is not a diet or a pill or a treatment they haven't tried - you are dreaming.
      I'm not saying the diet didn't fix yr T but the fact is you have no way of knowing when you only had T for two weeks anyhow. If it did fix your T, that's fantastic. So happy it worked for you. And everyone can always do with a more healthy diet for better health overall. But this is no miracle cure to fix every T sufferer I the world. Wish it were! Good health to you though and happy T free days ahead we al hope.

• Like Like x 2
    25. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Of course diet will heal some people. remember this illness is different in each person.

26. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      If you had T for more then two weeks i would be tempted to try this ...but two weeks is nothing .

27. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What kind of T would this help? I can't really think of any tinnitus cause that could be cured this way.

28. Tyler Montgomery
      Fine

Tyler Montgomery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/12/15
      So, you eat the 2 dinner plates full of green veggies....when do you eat it? Do you eat anything else or just the green veggies for the entire day?

• Like Like x 1
    29. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck injury

No scientific evidence supports the claims that aspartame — an artificial sweetener used in many diet soft drinks and other foods — causes MS. - http://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS/What-Causes-MS/Disproved-theories

As to a link between MS and T, that sounds more plausible. But is also subject to further studies.

• Like Like x 1
    30. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      aha takes me back to my 4 week raw veg juice twice a day raw fruit etc etc with seeds etc etc

Lost all my muscle felt like a zombie and still had my T :)

• Agree Agree x 1