Tinnitus Due to Neck and Jaw: Caffeine Makes It Worse — Does Water Flush the System?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, May 5, 2018.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Chocolate and stuff with caffeine makes my tinnitus worse.

Would drinking a lot of water flush the system and lessen the tinnitus?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Bump

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Bump.. If caffeine, etc things you eat/drink make T worse can water help combat that??

4. Stephanie72

Stephanie72 Member

@Mathew Gould

Those things don’t seem to make mine worse. I do drink a freaking ton of water though so maybe? I basically only drink water and 1 cup-2 cups of half caf in the morning. I had a chocolate bar the other day and it didn’t seem to do anything either. Had margaritas for cinco de mayo and it didn’t seem to affect it either. I will say Temazepam makes it go super low.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      I don't have insomnia no more. In a 3 months span from July 2017 to Sept 2017 I didn't sleep for 2 months, not 1 minute. I would go 2-3 days without sleep, the other month I averaged 2 hours a night. My jaw was so messed up and the this new tinnitus thing was very bad.. I'm almost scared to try anything new because I've learned to deal with my tinnitus. Do you use Temazepam for sleep or something else for your tinnitus??

6. Stephanie72

Stephanie72 Member

My GP recently prescribed it for sleep/clenching and grinding. It’s a benzo and has muscle relaxant effects to it as well. I’m only on 15mg and I’ve taken it 2-3 times per week. I am discussing an anti depressant with the ENT when I go. I need something to help me get by right now. I think when the jaw issue starts to improve I will too. It’s hard being in pain, having trouble eating, having t, and trying to live a normal life!