Tinnitus for 4 Days Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by alberto carneiro, Dec 13, 2017.

1. alberto carneiro
      Relaxed

alberto carneiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My name is Albert, Canadian, I took a nap 4 days ago and woke up with this cicada inside my head. This is horrible ! Yesterday it subsided but today it has returned. My cicada 'sings' at 10 decibels and it's driving me nuts. Anyone to chat? I feel scared. Thank you.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum, greeting from one Canadian to another. Sorry about your 'cicada'. I have the same thing, extremely high pitch tinnitus. My T can be heard even above the jet noise in my recent flights. It used to drive me nuts too. But worse, on top of that horrible T, I also had the misfortune of severe hyperacusis. It was a complete nightmare. My first 6 months with these two alien beasts of T & H were a horror show filled with relentless anxiety and panic attacks and I had to survived on drugs of benzos, ADs, and sleeping pills. I never thought I could survive long with my suffering. But never say never, today I am living a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I also wrote my success story and share some helpful strategies. For brevity, I provide the link to it. So I understand and have empathy to your struggle. Don't panic nor despair. Things will improve over time and good life can be back. Believe it. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 1