Tinnitus for 7 Days Now. There Has to Be a Way Back to Silence.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Serzet, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Serzet

Serzet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had high pitch tinnitus in my right ear for around 6 days days followed by an endless exhaustion. I believe this started in April 14th 2017.

I'm not exactly sure how many days I've had Tinnitus but I know for a fact that I did not have ringing in my right ear before April 5th 2017.

A little backstory: Ever since July 2016, I felt like something was clogged in my right ear and was never able to get a doctor appointment until 3 days ago (Tuesday 18th).

I went to a general pediatrician on Tuesday 18th, April 2017.

I finally got a professional cleaning on the 18th of April 2017 and whatever was in there was flushed out and now my right ear feels clear.

Unfortunately, the ringing in my right ear did not stop even after I got my ear cleaned.

Now ever since April 14th 2017, (the earliest I CAN REMEMBER), I have had terrible high pitch ringing in my right ear and am ALWAYS ready to fall asleep immediately regardless of my status. I slept for 11 hours on the 19th I think and was still exhausted.

After getting my ears cleaned on April 18th 2017, I immediately started taking supplements to help stop the ringing.

I am taking: Ginko Biloba, Ancient Ginseng, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and Super Omega 3 extracts.

EDIT: I only take Ginko and Ginseng now. I have trouble swallowing so many pills. Should I start taking the other supplements again?

I had a dream last night, and I had no ringing at all in my dream. I woke up from my dream and the ringing came back immediately.

The ringing occasionally shifts to the center of my head and sometimes very close to my left ear.

My right ear is sometimes sore and sometimes aches a little. My left ear also very rarely aches but is otherwise perfectly fine. I have never had any problems with my left ear.

I do not think loud noise is the culprit since whenever I do have headphones on, I keep the volume on 4 out of 100.

EDIT: My jaws are sometimes sore, mores sore at night, and I frequently catch myself clenching my teeth in bed.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP. I cannot live with tinnitus. I also have finals coming up.

I need this condition gone immediately.

For clarification, I am 19 years old and male.

I have an appointment with an ENT on May 23rd.

I fear that it might be too late by the time I see the ENT.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Were u exposed to loud music in the past? If not you have good chance of this going away.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Serzet

Serzet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've never had my headphone volume loud enough to bother me or cause pain in my ear. I used to listen to music for around less than 1 hour on the days I did feel like listening to music. I never listened to music every day or all the time in a day. I don't use my headphones at all now.

EDIT: I don't think or atleast hope it isn't noise induced tinnitus because it's only in my right ear and my right ear was the one with a foreign body in it that was cleaned out along with some earwax.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What was the foreign body? Any chance it could have damaged your ear drum?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Serzet

Serzet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      We never found out what exactly it was. It was described to me as clear, tiny, and roundish.

I'm not sure if it did any permanent damage. My right ear is still sore and aches frequently though I'm not sure if that's from ear drum damage or tinnitus. I don't have any hearing loss at all. I will probably still get another hearing test just to make sure. I think the washing fluid may not have drained out completely as I will feel something cold and aqueous move down my ear occasionally. The first time I felt that, some liquid came out of my ear. It wasn't blood.
      I have tried sleeping on my right side to help my ear drain out while I'm asleep.