Tinnitus for 8 Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fiore, Feb 12, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I hope someone please answers. Ok so my ear felt blocked Feb 2 I googled and saw that one can put alcohol to soften wax it only caused it to get further in and put pressure on my ear drum which started an eeeeeeeeee sound. Then on Feb 10 the doctor took a look and syringed it out the noise went away instantly. BUt now I swear I hear crickets or like an eeeeee and I can't pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I put one finger to cover my right ear (the bad ear) please note i don't put pressure on the tragus part of the outer ear (don't do that it puts unnecessary pressure on your ear drum!) i just cover the entrance with the tip of my finger. On the right (bad ear) i hear a faint T sound, but reallyyyyy faint that I have to stop breathing and really sit still to catch it or got ot the bathroom away from my room to really hear it. I'm guessing its from all those days of the pressed up ear wax and the ENT said there was some inflammation and prescribed Otozambon for it 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night, he did check after syringing it to make sure none was left. I also try my left ear and nothing no sound. Ever since he syringed it I can hear extremely well from that ear even more so than my left ear that he didn't syringed. Could it be that my brain is adjusting? I just don't know what to do about this sound, i don't know if its coming from inside my head or if my brain is actively looking for the sound since it was 8 long days with loud T before I got to the ENT. over the course of 8 days of T i stressed really bad cried non stop dropped 13 pounds and figured the worse (menieres). I sleep with a fan sound white noise. So I wont be able to hear it, and since it drowns it out does that mean then that I do have T??? But dont we usually even in utter silence with no T isn't there like a eeee or some sound that our ears make? I just can't pin point where its coming from!! And sometimes when I turn off the white noise and just sit in complete silence everything is totally quiet....and then I hear it again :/ Please someone help, have you gone through this? He didn't touch my good ear (left) said it was clean is it possible even if he syringes only one ear that both can get T after syringing my right ear?? Im going crazy I tried the ACNR I can hear all frequencies does that mean anything? and then when i turn it off I swear its complete silence and then after a couple minutes there it is again. All this proves to me that I may have T I just can't zero in on what ear its coming from though I sometimes think it's the left ear (the good ear I know i'm being paranoid) (sigh) please someone help I don't know what to do.

I don't know if people whose T has gone away visit the forum but if yours did go away how long before your brain got use to the silence, could you hear anything faint? id you actively seek out the sound and sometimes think that you did hear it?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      hi @Fiore
      sorry to hear abour ur T.
      some things u can do is check for ETD, hearing test [both normal and high frequency] and TMJ [you need to check with a dentist].
      melatonin will help u get some sleep.
      get more active, the sooner u able to get the stressed lowered the better..

3. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thanks @nogood I hope it gets better or that its really just me seeking out the sound. Of what drug is your T caused by (ototoxicity) ? during those 8 days I researched so much and basically most drug we use every day can cause T! I'm scared to even take tylenol (acetaminophen) now!

4. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      I think this might go for you. Could be residual pressure or damage just working it's way out. Not an expert, but feel optimistic on this one as doesn't sound like inner ear. Good luck!

5. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thanks @Matt01 woke up and I could hear it and has since become faint again (sigh) I hope it really is my eardrum trying to stabilize again. The sound at time sounds like someone running their nails down a chalkboard very faint but it still makes me uneasy.

6. Paul201
      Worried

Paul201 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      @Fiore My ears get blocked with ear wax ever 1 to 1.5 years and I have been going to the doc and getting them syringed for 20 plus years. I am now going to put some softening drops in now and then to stop the build up and the need for syringing. If the doc says your ear drum is ok then hopefully this will all clear up within the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

7. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Mine is faint, by sometimes that's annoying as you search for it. I can hear it at night. It beeps intermittently. Hopefully it will go at some point!

8. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      @Paul201 your statement gives me hope, (sigh) yea he said it was inflamed because of the wax impact but then again it couldve gotten inflamed because of the water pressure from the syringe and he didn't bother saying it -___-

@Matt01 Hopefully!

I have been reading on here about people getting spikes and it has really put me on edge.

Question and this may seem like an air head question BUT if you only syringe one ear and if there is a veryyy low ring after. Is it possible that because of that procedure both ears can get T or would T only affect the ear the procedure was done on?

I have never had any issues with my ears health is ok, no stress either I'm quite passive and just a let it go type of person. Though :/ I use to drink soda like water but since this no.

9. Paul201
      Worried

Paul201 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      I would say that it would only affect the ear that was syringed

10. Ãlex68788998
      Confused

Ãlex68788998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-16-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a head cold
      Hi me and you are similar. My T started after I got sick. Almost one month later it's still bothering me but its gone down a lot. Yours will go in time

11. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thanks @Ãlex68788998 hopefully, I'm going to give it one month tops if its still there I'll schedule an appt with an ENT.

12. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      one month is very long.. actually 1 2 days shld try to get it treated.. and all test done to try to find the cause.
      most of us suffer simply cause we unable to find the cause

13. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I missed your comment @Paul201 , I managed to ask an ENT and he looked at me in a "are you serious" kind of way haha -____-...hey I'm panicking so shutty.

@nogood yea I would imagine so, two weeks then. Hopefully it will resolve.

I woke up with silence. Either It's false hope or I'm just imagining it but its silent. Talk about pessimism -__-

What do you guys use to soften ear wax? I was thinking in the future using room temp olive oil (i put mines in the fridge) letting it sit there for 1 minute and then let it pour out and place a warm cloth against my ear. Idk might work, I do not want to get it syringed, suctioned etc with this T.

14. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Had a horrible night, so much noise and the pitch was sooooo LOUD!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I'm planning on taking a melatonin suppliments for sleep. Has anyone tried it? did it help you sleep and how did it affect your T. Did it make it worse? This is what I'm afraid of :/

16. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      Hey Fiore, I think your anxiety is playing a role here. You really need to find a way to chill out. If you can easily mask the sound then do so... 24/7. Stop checking your ears and find something that distracts you. Once you bring your anxiety down you should notice improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Fiore
      Doubtful

Fiore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thank you @Mark Beehre I agree I think it has a lot to do with it but this whole dental work thing has really got me thinking that it could be it.

Recommendation: Guys I made "cats claw" tea last night (herb called cats claw) its suppose to be a natural healing herb specially for inflammation within the body. It lowered my T down significantly, relaxed me and I managed to catch 9 hours of sleep uninterrupted. Try it maybe it can help somewhat. Local grocery stores may stock it, check the tea sections AND international food sections as its a latin (spanish) herb if I'm not mistaken and or most likely maybe imported.

18. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck injury
      Doesn't sound too bad, I would be confident at this stage that it still goes away.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1