Tinnitus from Flying

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Liz25, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Liz25
      Balanced

Liz25 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there! It's almost been a year since I've gotten tinnitus and I'm afraid to go back on a plane due to the high altitude. Ever since I've gotten tinnitus, I was never to talk with anyone about this whose experienced this until I came across this website. I have heard many stories where people's tinnitus had spiked up after their trip on an airplane. It worries me that my tinnitus will get worse if I go on an airplane again. Has anyone gotten tinnitus from flying at a high altitude? I hope you're having a wonderful day :thankyousign:

2. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      hello liz

i have had tinnitus for 2 years now. i flew 6 times with a plane and my tinnitus didn't changed from flying.

sorry for bad english

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Generally if you take all the precaution such as bringing earplane or other earplugs, noise cancelling headphones, etc., you should be able to protect from the jet noise. Earplane type of earplugs is for balancing barometric pressure change. You should also bring nasal spray just in case your nose is blocked by congestion with cold or allergy. A blocked nose will prevent you from balancing the barometric pressure change. So bringing a nasal spray will help. You should be able to fly even after T. I have flown over a dozen times since with T from 2009 with no change to my T. Aaron even wrote about his world travels since having T in his success story. Check this out and stay positive that you can enjoy travelling again. Also search TT threads on flying with tinnitus and you will see many prior discussions. Remember to chew or drink or yawn during takeoff or descent so your eustachian tube will open up to balance the pressure change. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...are-with-you-some-pictures-i-took-after.3268/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Liz25
      Balanced

Liz25 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @billie48 Thank you,Billie for the advice! I'm hoping to soon fly soon and use these things. T has been making me hesitate flying again, but I might give it a try again.

• Like Like x 1