Tinnitus Gets Quieter While Heavy Training

Discussion in 'Support' started by ifilip, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      I noticed my tinnitus gets quieter while training at the gym. This doesn't happen every time, and only happens when I train with heavy weights and really push it to my limits. First times I thought this was due to medication/treatment but now I noticed the pattern. I had tinnitus for 2 months, and these were the only occasions tinnitus got noticeably quieter, up to 50% or even more. After training stops tinnitus gets back to normal within 10 minutes. I usually wear earplugs while training due to hyperacusis, so I hear the difference.

Had anyone else had same experience?
      Is there some explanation/reason for this?
      Can this be a road to cure?

2. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Well.. is it still quiet ? Or is it gone after training.

3. Marcos Que
      Lurking

Marcos Que Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      It has happened to me too. I was hitting the weights yesterday and during my workout, I had moments where my tinnitus seemed to go away. Maybe it was the lightheadedness after some heavy deadlifts idk. It felt great though. It came back to normal after 10 minutes from when I had finished working out.

4. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      I always put these kinds of changes in T volume, down to bloodflow/blood pressure. Some people notice an increase in T or a decrease in T related to their circulation. Generally I think the belief is that higher blood pressure raises T volume, while better blood circulation in general lowers it, though I've heard of people experiencing the inverse to those situations as well. I think thats the reason ginkgo biloba is often recommended for T, it increases healthy circulation to the extremeties.

That said I get spikes from Ginkgo, but it doesn't put me off from taking it, because I figure whether or not the increase bloodflow ramps up the volume, it may aid in the longterm healing process if there is one to be had (fingers crossed).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      I also suspect this might be due to blood pressure. Or maybe blood leaving the head and going to the muscles?

6. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      The gym and the shower I dont hear my T. If I dont focus on my T I dont hear it but its so high pitched it is hard to ignore. Real annoying condition.. Now Im on doxycycline for lymes disease and it seems extra loud. I have 10 more days of meds and then I hope I go back to my baseline....