Tinnitus Has Gotten Worse, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by Skulldrey, May 2, 2017.

1. Skulldrey
      Alone

Skulldrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer 2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MUSE opening for My Chemical Romance
      Hey everyone,

Tinnitus has been in my right ear for almost a decade. I've habituated to that, apart from a slight worsening after antibiotics last year.

But for some reason it's now entered my left ear. And it's slowly getting worse. What can I do stop it? I am fearful. Is it diet? I don't go around loud noises. I supplement with Zinc and Turmeric on occasion for another condition.

I'd like to reverse the T in my left ear if possible. Even if it's to stop the progression.

2. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Hi @Skulldrey , I'm sorry that your tinnitus has progressed to include the other side. Of course, it can be brain adaptation to hearing loss, but I would first consider that it may be involvement of muscle toxicity. I addressed some ideas to consider in another post. (See the link below...if I used the editor correctly.)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Skulldrey
      Alone

Skulldrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer 2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MUSE opening for My Chemical Romance
      This is probably really unhealthy but I found when I slap that ear it makes my tinnitus go away for like 10 minutes. No effect on the other ear.

4. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      @Skulldrey , That does sound unhealthy. I wonder if the benefit comes from the affect on your sound conduction or the surrounding muscles. Have you tried slapping your head, but avoiding your ear canal?