Tinnitus Higher Pitched? Could These Be Triggers? DESPERATE :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alexiskaye, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Alexiskaye
      Alone

Alexiskaye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/15/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      So in the last couple of days, my tinnitus has seemed a lot higher pitched. Especially at night. It hurts so much that it feels like it's ringing throughout my head. I'm bummed cause I was in such a good place before. I had a really bad night and I didn't sleep at all. I literally mean from 1am to 12pm the next day I didn't sleep. From then on after it has been super high pitched. Could these be triggers?

- inconsistent on my birth control. I forget to take it a lot and I just started it a couple weeks ago. I'm on my flow right now and it always seems to be louder when I'm on my cycle. (Sorry that's REALLY tmi.) could it be bad that I'm prolonging my period?

- not taking my vitamins, (magnesium, etc)

- stress. I've had the WORST stress. Even when I feel calm or have nothing to be worried about im full of anxiety.

Usually when I'm out and going places my T doesn't seem so high pitched.

It also seems to be higher pitched when I lay down. Although I lost my hearing and got T from a virus.

I was at a place where T didn't bother me at all. I finally felt like I had my life back. Now it's so high pitched and I'm scared and I just sleep all day. I've missed a couple days of school. Can someone please comfort me or help.

I'm getting fitted for a hearing aid on Friday and hopefully they can put in a masking noise.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Many people reported their tinnitus getting more noticeable following a sleepless night.
      This is also common.

There is a good chance that within a year it will fade or even disappear. It is natural to think that whatever you are hearing right now is what you will be stuck with, but T changes every day, and chances are that what you will hear in a year will be easier to ignore.

3. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      I just had 3 days of silence it was nice then it came back with a vengence I haven't slept well for 2 nights. T has its own way. Time and good thoughts help most days its mild and I can deal with it by ignoring it until it comes on like now I can only say be strong and don't let the damn thing beat you down.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Alexiskaye
      Sorry to hear about your distress.
      A hearing aid will definitely help and make your tinnitus less noticeable.
      I notice too that my tinnitus is louder right before and during my period, and a lot of women with tinnitus say this too.
      I didn't make a habit of listening for my tinnitus and thus helped me on my road to recovery. Monitoring it for changes just isn't healthy and won't help you anyway.
      Use sound at night to help you focus on sleep and not the ringing.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Surely it is likely that these silences will get longer and longer every time until one day T won't return.

6. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Its been a year and the silent days are few one can only hope

7. Camellia

Camellia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      cell and wifi I think
      We are like antennas, too much metals in the body, waves and electricity running through it. Some grounding, water, woods can help.