Tinnitus in the Head

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shadbek, Apr 17, 2016.

1. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hello, my fellow tinnitus sufferers! I am from China and I am about 40 years old. I have been suffering tinnitus since last October. My tinnitus comes from my brain. My tinnitus sounds like electricity going through my head. The good thing is it hasn't affected my listening. But I feel depressed and worried all the time. I just want to know whether it is possible for this type of tinnitus to go away after a few years or whether it will decrease in volume? Thank you ! Best regards Dilshad

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @shadbek ,
      I would see about getting a MRI just to check everything is ok.
      Tinnitus can be heard from the head or ears and over time your brain will learn to filter out the sound.
      Sound therapy at night will help and audiology might recomend Maskers in the day.
      Keep posting for support on the main forums for more replies to posts ....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Thank you for your reply@glynis

4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hola shadbek!
      We have exact type of tinnitus. The very high pitched electricity tinnitus all over the head( I have it mostly in my left side though)

Can you tell us the T story of yours? I'm in benzo withdrawal and this is how I got my tinnitus. They say it can take up to 6 or 7 years for T to vanish or maybe it can be permanent. I do hope it will go away eventually. Do you have any hearing loss?

5. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I have this from noise exposure (I think). I actually get the electric feeling more than the ring. it moves around but tends to be at the top of the skull, the forehead, or in my sinus area (think above the hard palate). its hell.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hi, sorry for the delay in reply, i haven't visited this website for a long time. My head Tinnitus is caused by insuffient blood supply to the brain, which caused vertogo, headache and nervous exhaustion. At first I had sever headache which made me feel like throwing up, after vomiting, my headache would gradually go away. I didn't take it as a serious problem, because my cousin has suffered the same thing for many years. and the doctors don't know why this happens to her. Since May 2015, I have had a lot of dreams every night, felt fatigue the next day. sometimes I had dark ring around my eyes. I am a person who hates going to hospital. So I didn't take any medicine to treat it. But the hell came to me last October. One day when I woke up, I felt a hight pitched noise coming from my head, which sound like the noise made by a generator. I went to many ENTs and they could do nothing. I am still living with the noise.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Do you still have T in the head? What is the sound like?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      No, My hearing is fine, have no hearing loss. How about you? Any hearing loss?

9. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Mine is also head tinnitus

I currently have a cold (again!) and a few days ago the noise suddently went to my ears intead and it was such a relieving feeling. It was much more managable when it was in the ears, but sadly it moved back to my head once again :(

I was unsure before but now I know I have head tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Anthony13
      Pensive

Anthony13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Knowing my luck, an alien abduction
      Hi Sandra, I too have head tinnitus or brain tinnitus as I call it.
      In the early days you think you are going to be perpetually doomed by it. Your thoughts are continually negative, and you drag yourself through hell.

Take it from me, it will and DOES get better. Look after your ears, and look to pull yourself out of the nose dive you find yourself in.

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for (yes I read your post earlier today). Don't you dare do anything stupid. You are worth so much more.

Believe in yourself and your future...

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would have believed that if I did not have a horrible benzo withdrawal to "look forward" to :( I can "look forward" to months of hell with the withdrawal this year and I am beyond scared.....I don't know how I am ever going to be able to get trough that! I am not that strong...I am not...

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Anthony13
      Pensive

Anthony13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I truly sympathize, but how can you know your benzo withdrawal will be hell? You've backed yourself into a corner and told yourself you will suffer. On what grounds? You see, this is exactly how those of us with tinnitus behave.
      I had exactly the same thoughts as you when I came off long-term meds. I was catastrophising, and thinking it will be all doom and gloom.
      I won't lie and say I came through it unscathed, but it was nowhere near as bad as I made out. Knowing that made me stronger.
      Congratulate yourself on coming off your meds. It's a big step. But you will find being med free is the way to go. You cast off the mental shackles and the dependency that comes with them.

Wake up in the morning and go to bed at night. Don't stop for nothing. Therein lies your strength...

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will never be med-free, I have had depression/anxiety most of my life and I rely on AD's to have a somewhat good life, so I still need to keep taking my AD's, but benzo will have to go....and you are right....I don't know if it will be hell, but I have read SO many bad stories and I am just very scared.

14. Anthony13
      Pensive

Anthony13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I truly wish you all the very best. The stories you read are from other peoples experiences. They are not you; you are not them.
      Ask yourself this. If you didn't have tinnitus, would you worry about coming off them as much?

Try to talk yourself up and work on losing the fear. It is an ungrounded fear, and you just need a little belief in yourself. No need to be defeated before you even start. But I know that's the depression talking.

You won't have to do it alone either. Everybody on here is with you, and they all care about you...

• Agree Agree x 2