Tinnitus in the Head

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shadbek, Apr 17, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hello, my fellow tinnitus sufferers! I am from China and I am about 40 years old. I have been suffering tinnitus since last October. My tinnitus comes from my brain. My tinnitus sounds like electricity going through my head. The good thing is it hasn't affected my listening. But I feel depressed and worried all the time. I just want to know whether it is possible for this type of tinnitus to go away after a few years or whether it will decrease in volume? Thank you ! Best regards Dilshad

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @shadbek ,
      I would see about getting a MRI just to check everything is ok.
      Tinnitus can be heard from the head or ears and over time your brain will learn to filter out the sound.
      Sound therapy at night will help and audiology might recomend Maskers in the day.
      Keep posting for support on the main forums for more replies to posts ....lots of love glynis

3. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Thank you for your reply@glynis-harbron

4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hola shadbek!
      We have exact type of tinnitus. The very high pitched electricity tinnitus all over the head( I have it mostly in my left side though)

Can you tell us the T story of yours? I'm in benzo withdrawal and this is how I got my tinnitus. They say it can take up to 6 or 7 years for T to vanish or maybe it can be permanent. I do hope it will go away eventually. Do you have any hearing loss?

5. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I have this from noise exposure (I think). I actually get the electric feeling more than the ring. it moves around but tends to be at the top of the skull, the forehead, or in my sinus area (think above the hard palate). its hell.

6. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hi, sorry for the delay in reply, i haven't visited this website for a long time. My head Tinnitus is caused by insuffient blood supply to the brain, which caused vertogo, headache and nervous exhaustion. At first I had sever headache which made me feel like throwing up, after vomiting, my headache would gradually go away. I didn't take it as a serious problem, because my cousin has suffered the same thing for many years. and the doctors don't know why this happens to her. Since May 2015, I have had a lot of dreams every night, felt fatigue the next day. sometimes I had dark ring around my eyes. I am a person who hates going to hospital. So I didn't take any medicine to treat it. But the hell came to me last October. One day when I woke up, I felt a hight pitched noise coming from my head, which sound like the noise made by a generator. I went to many ENTs and they could do nothing. I am still living with the noise.

7. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Do you still have T in the head? What is the sound like?

8. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      No, My hearing is fine, have no hearing loss. How about you? Any hearing loss?