Tinnitus in the Morning

Discussion in 'Support' started by leelo, Jun 11, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Is it just me who finds T louder in the morning? I have it in my right ear, and early in the morning sometimes it seems to be extra loud, But as the day go by it begins to fade.
      Btw i am doing much better dealing with my T :) starting to have moments where i forget i have it.

2. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Good to hear that you are getting better. As for mornings, yes ...my mornings are the worst part of my T . Starts to subside after an hour or so.

3. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      I usually have the opposite experience. It's not as noticeable in the morning - I assume its because my brain hasn't locked in on it yet. I also haven't had any sleeping problems with T, so being well rested probably helps. I notice it much more as the day goes on. Especially when I get home to my quiet house after work and I'm tuckered out. I fixate on it more when I am not preoccupied with other tasks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I hear it soon as I wake up, and then it gets louder as the day goes on.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      My T spikes in the middle of the night and subsides by morning. I think it's mostly ETD related.

6. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      ETD?

7. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      ETD = Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

My T is lower in the morning. But I have decided to stop monitoring it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      ..anyone whose T is worse in the morning ..are you grinding your teeth at night ,and putting massive amounts of pressure on your TMJ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      @leelo, that's great that you already are starting to forget you have T! You only have had it for about a month. A very good sign.
      My tinnitus always is louder in the morning, which is true for many people (but obviously not everyone). I had heard something about its your brain resetting itself after sleep...

I do agree with @ampumpkin: It can be better to stop monitoring these things, as it can slow habituation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I suffer from Rhinitis ,so I'm one that the brain registers on the head soon as I wake,only another with this or Sinisitis can understand that registering early in the day,my rhinitis is chronic,so the tinnitus steps up to,to say I'm here as well.So no way I can escape from the tinnitus any day,I wish.Antihistamines affect the tinnitus,can make it even louder.anyone else had these 2 conditions running together ?If yes be interested what you do for it,to ease it pain wise.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      I have rhinitis! Antihistamines amp my T bc it drys me out to much so I don't take them unless absolutely need to. Otherwise I take children's doses to take the edge off of my reaction. I'm very allergic to tree pollens and moderately to weeds and molds. So this dry Spring we've had has made it rough on me and my T. I had sinusitis in the beginning when my T started almost 10 weeks ago. It has resolved but my T continues although it has improved. I try to control the environment I sleep in with a hepa air purifier and humidifier. I was sleeping with a light Doctors mask during the height of pollen season. Being a mouth sleeper, I believed it helped me bc my throat was always getting dry and if it was dry so was my E.T.'s resulting in increased ringing.

• Like Like x 1
    12. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      My tinnitus is always loudest when I wake up in the morning, screaming & resonating in my whole head. It used to send my brain into anxiety & panic attacks on auto mode and I had to instantly take meds to quiet down my nerve. However I decided to stay positive and accept T as a reality in my life and tried not to react to it negatively. It takes time and patience and now my brain is hardened to this mad ringing and doesn't give a dime to T high or low. It does not treat T as a threat as I have been telling the brain all this long. The brain finally caught up and now it just fades T out of consciousness most of the time. Time, patience and positivity can do its healing miracle if we give TIME enough time.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Same thing i did billie48. The second i got my T and my ent was a jerk i told my brain get use to it. Each day that passes it fades away to and i honestly think its my mind not careing anymore. But the mornings is the only time it sounds loud to me because my brain is wakeing up but once i take a shower and start my day it fades away

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      I have had bad sinus all my life and idk if i might have sinusitis but i woild not be suprise. I am always stuffy and sneezing lol

15. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Have been to an allergist and tested? If not, id highly recommend doing so

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Jay never thought of a child dose of histamine,will definitely do that tomorrow,I can't take Sudafed as I have High blood pressure,my rhinitis I've had for 8yrs,never heard of a light Drs mask,look into that to.my rhinitis is perennial .the nasal decongestants(sprays ) make sinuses even more painful.Its far from easy having both going at same time.But you understand that.Even though we keep our trees etc pruned it doesn't help,I live virtually on top of the sea,sea salt and all that suppose to be good for it,alas another fat zero,will give child's meds a go though.
      So hence all these yrs on my tinnitus still big fat problem.Good luck to you.

17. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      My t is loud at mornings. . But as soon as I get up walk to the backyard garden it fades away with sounds of wind and birds. .. and it creeps back in when it is very quiet or in night when I try to sleep. . Almost not noticeable when I walk into busy street. . Basicall lack of sound casues my t to be more noticeable. .
      My jaws do get tight at times I have make funny faces to loosen it.. usually makes cracking noise...whiplash effect. but I doubt it causes my t.. it happens to me often when I have bad cold..bad cold and blocked nose is very common for me cause of deviated septum. .
      I also suffered from sinusitis and some sort of allergic reaction casued by blood thinners... histamine actually made my symptoms worst. . Nasal setriods gave me bad throat infection. . For now I jst use saline water spray 5-6 times a day.. just spray generously to help dilute the mucus so it does not block my nose especially when going to bed..Last time I used to do saline water rinse. . Which seems to be too troublesome .. also take serrapeptase which is supposed to help with etd, chronic sinusitis and thin out mucus, also clean the blood vessels and internal scar tissues. .

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. MarioT
      No Mood

MarioT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + SSRI medication
      I find this topic very interesting because in my case this is one a the few predictable patterns I have noticed with my T. It is always worse when I wake up from a nights sleep or after a brief nap in the afternoon. I rarely have trouble sleeping but when I get up my T is always full on. .It usually take 1-2 hours until I feel fully awake and my system has completely booted. The T settles down then normally to its usual baseline.

I have also noticed that I get jaw and neck pains. I never feel "good and energized" when I wake up either. I strongly believe that there has to be somekind of correlation between what is happening in my sleep and what my T is going to be like the following day.

19. Vincent R
      Inspired

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      With T going on, you probably never relax completly, so tensions are building up. It's like we're in a boxing match, but the bloody gong never sounds, and the ring is in fact a cage. I'd better dig deep to find a way to deal with this crap, but it's getting real hard to envision any happy ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. MarioT
      No Mood

MarioT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + SSRI medication
      what would you suggest for this?

21. Vincent R
      Inspired

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have a few things I'll be trying. I wouldn't be irresponsible enough to suggest them to anyone, and since they're tailor made for my situation they probably makes little sense for others. But you could hear them as well as not.

1. Allow my present situation to dissolve. If I can't enjoy my life anymore, what's the point to keep it running? Since I feel like a zombie it's probably less painfull existing like proper zombies does. Simply put, I'm shutting myself down without ending my life physically, because it's convenient.

2. I'll try to develop a meditation technique that works flawlessy even if you have a noise going on in your head. I'm not sure if this can be done, but since I'm one of the worst meditation geeks there ever was, I'm probably as suitable to try as anyone. It may sound like a fluffy approach. But you see, just like T activates the part of your system that makes you feel like shit, meditation activates the part of your system that makes you feel great. Properly carried out, it beats any psychofarmaca, and possibly even heavy drugs.

3. Steam cell therapy. Can help to recover the injury in your ears somewhat, thus reducing T. Read more about it here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/members/attheedgeofscience.1629/

4. Diets. T is dysfunctional brain activity, and healthy eating promots functionality in general. Hopefully it can have at least some small effect.

5. Try anyting I can think off that might thwart the activity of the neurons that cause T. As this might include bizarre approaches, I'll spare you the details.

6. I'll consider apathy, alcholism or randon crazy actions, since nothing really matters anymore. I might actually enjoy myself a little bit if I reach this stage.

After this, I'm out of ideas.

• Funny Funny x 1
    22. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Yes, I can confirm this. But then my T keeps on screaming and screaming and screaming without getting any softer. Gosh, this is beyond reason!

Yes! I should consider apathy, alcholism or randon crazy actions, since nothing really matters anymore. I want an end!