Tinnitus Increase Since the Beginning of the Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by NetroPhil, May 18, 2017.

1. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I've had tinnitus for about two years now and until recently I've pretty much gotten used to it. That is until a few of days ago - on Monday I woke up to find that in one ear my tinnitus had gotten a lot louder. I've tried all my tricks like popping my ears, rubbing around the ear, temples or even across the top if my spine but nothing seems to have worked - I thought it had gotten better this morning but note its screeching at me again. It's driving me insane. It seems to be going up and down at random now.

Recent events include a small cold (that has affected them before but never like this), and a night out to a pub that included no loud music, just talking.

Any advice appreciated

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @NetroPhil,
      I would try steam inhalation and see if it will help after clearing your tubes.
      Try relax and keep sound on around you when you can to take your mind off it and try offloading any stress as that can trigger it also.

Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      @glynis thanks for that - I can try steam inhalation when I have a shower tonight and see if it helps any :D

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Okay so it seems like the spike that I've been experiencing for the past week was because.......because of an apparently well placed acne spot.... o_O