Tinnitus Is Back Again in My Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artmuzz, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

I have severe anxiety and depression and suffered ultra high pitched tinnitus at 17 kHz in my right ear in 2015 and 2016 until I got a hearing test and was told my hearing was perfectly normal which gave me enough reassurance to stop hearing it and it disappeared.

However, just in the past week the tinnitus in my right ear has come back but the pitch isn't as high pitched as before. This time it sounds like a refrigerator whine in my right ear at around 600 Hz. I can hear it when I am in a silent environment and it is worse first thing in the morning after waking up and it is constant all day even though I can only hear it in silent environments.

The only things I can think of that is a possible cause is that I have recently included marmite into my diet and I have started taking milk thistle every morning the same time this tinnitus started as well as suffering upper back pain. Also, some idiot launched a firework right next to me about a month ago but even though the noise of the firework was very loud my ears seemed fine. Could tinnitus start a month after the firework incident?

Please advise.

• Like Like x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Your diet, could possibly be adding to the problem. Stress/anxiety for sure add to the problem. If i was exposed to a VERY loud noise, if it was going to, then it would give me a louder spike...the next day or the day after. I never seen a spike come 1 month later. Anything is possible, try to remain calm and don't get too worked up. The stress itself is the worst thing and it can really annoy your tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Amazing what reassurance can do to someone that suffers badly from Anxiety. My first bout of T also went away completely after some reassurance. Have faith mate and at least you're aware it can go away so keep that in the forefront of your head and don't let anxiety make it worse

4. Screamin Ears
      Crappy

Screamin Ears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You guys that have very mild tinnitus and suffer from anxiety need to stay away from tinnitus forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I agree with you.
      Unfortunately, fear, anxiety and negative thinking about tinnitus and hyperacusis can prevent a person from habituating and moving on with their life. There quite a few people in this forum affected by this which is a shame.

6. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I know mate but believe me it's easier said then done when you've suffered from Anxiety for a large chunk of your life.