Tinnitus Is Getting Better with Neck in Better Traction

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      About 2 weeks ago I started doing more physical therapy exercises and around the same time my tinnitus changed and reduced a little.

Before this my neck wouldn't move good or wouldn't crack, it felted jammed up.

Since starting the exercises my neck has gotten more loose and moves around better and my tinnitus has reduced.

• Like Like x 3
    2. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Hey Matt,

Stumbling across you a lot here lately. I’ve had spinal injuries for decades and used to suffer from severe chronic pain. Do you have a cervical traction unit?

I have one which I’m going to start trying out daily after dusting it off from years of being well thanks to Prolotherapy, but this tinnitus has changed that.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      I have something similar to a neck traction unit. First time I ever used this at a chiropractor's office, my tinnitus was instantly barely audible for the next 4 days which is not normal... Well that was the only time it changed my tinnitus. I bought the same unit for home and it didn't better my tinnitus anymore.

Is your tinnitus constantly loud? Is your tinnitus reactive to sound like mine is?

My tinnitus is mostly from TMJ, forward head posture, neck issues, etc.

What did Prolotherapy do for you? I'm going to a pain clinic soon, although I only have mild pain sometimes. The pain clinic is for neck/TMJ/tinnitus.

What part of PA are you in?

4. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Hey Matt,

Very sorry to hear it didn’t work after the first time. I live near Philly.

Yes my tinnitus is very reactive to all sounds including my voice and I have varying hyperacusis as well. In addition it’s high frequency (14-15 kHz) bilateral tinnitus that sounds like a oscillating hiss/crickets and has a very irritating metallic zinging quality. That last bit drives me nuts.

It isn’t loud all the time since it responds to the noise around me so it can be low if the ambient sound is low.

Prolotherapy took me from being on the verge of disabled to functioning again. Highly recommend for any pain. I am feverishly pursuing PRP now after I got a recent Cervical MRI back that I’m hoping is the cause for this tinnitus as the damage is significant with spinal stenosis at multiple levels etc.

I’m sure forward head posture contributes in my case as well.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      A person with reactive tinnitus or reactive hyperacusis is often prone to have other inflammatory bodily conditions and symptoms. Cervical joint or connective tissue diseases such as arthritis is high on the list. Forward head posture can moderate level of reactive tinnitus and reactive hyperacusis.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. GeorgeLG
      Wishful

GeorgeLG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Leaf blower, rock band, constr & comp shooting, chemo
      This is where my journey is leading me. I can deal with the tinnitus but my challenge is the hyperacusis and my music recording. I now believe that my severe forward head posture has led to TMJ and all of the has led to ear pain. When my jaw pops, my ear pain flares up as does pain all up and down that side of my head and neck. My neck and shoulders are in constant pain and tension. I am starting stretching and strengthening exercises to see how much I can improve my posture but my COVID-19 isolation DIY approach is probably not optimum.

If anyone has had a positive experience with this I sure would like to hear specifically what worked.

George