Tinnitus Lower in Evening

Discussion in 'Support' started by sven1987, May 23, 2017.

1. sven1987

sven1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      I've noticed that my T is lower in the evening. When I get home from work it always catches my attention due to its loudness, but several hours later it settles down. Any explanations for this and are there more people with the same experience?

In the morning it is the other way around. It's there, but is very soft and as the day progresses it gets louder.

2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Yes I also experience the same. Something to do with your energy/stress levels perhaps?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Feeling at ease ,relaxed,no stress,winding down to sleep all helps your tinnitus to settle down..
      Love glynis

4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wish mine was like that. It always builds up during the day and is loudest in the evening. Not that it's quiet in the morning, but it just gets worse as the day goes on.

5. NimQ
      Alienated

NimQ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011, got worse 09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      For me it varies a lot. If I sleep poorly and clench a lot, then my T will be an absolute nightmare in the morning. As I manage to release the tension of jaw and/or finally get good sleep, it gets better again. The complete opposite might happen if I sleep well; then I might wake up with milder T and then the noisy everyday situations might make it louder towards evening. And sometimes it just seems totally random - it's screaming even though I have been in silence and am relaxed, or it is milder while I am stressed and tense.

6. SANDY BORDEN

SANDY BORDEN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NOT SURE
      Mine is also a lot softer in the morning.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sven1987

sven1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      It's so weird. Right now I'm sitting in my living room and my T is so low it's only noticeable when I really focus on it, but a few hours ago at work I could hear it very clearly. No high pitch at the moment, only a slight wooshing sound.