Tinnitus Lowered in Sound After a Party?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeB1996, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      You read that right and I'm very surprised myself.

My friends invited me to a new year's party just yesterday, their first plan was a nightclub but I said that it's way too loud for me..They understood and decided we can stay at home and just drink there.

But even at that they still played music pretty loud, not extremely but loud. I was very paranoid but after a few beers i just thought to myself "you know what even if it makes it worse at least make this a good time and avoid parties forever"

I got a good night's sleep but woke up with a hangover, got a drive home and went to sleep again . It's currently half 3 in the morning and I'm noticing that it's still quieter than it was before..About 30% less?

I don't know how that makes sense, and I'm definitely not telling you to go and blast loud music, I'm just sharing my experience..Because I myself thought that I'd come home to louder tinnitus and not the opposite.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. sjtinguy

sjtinguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      That sounds awesome man.. I'm glad you decided to go to the party and glad that not only did it make it worse, it made it better! Maybe the social interaction reduced your stress and that helped lower the tinnitus. OR who knows, just enjoy it and happy new year

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Me too :) it sounds crazy that it's lower but it happened..You never know it might go back to beign as loud as it was tomorrow, but it's still quiet :D if anything changes I'll post it here

4. Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      probably u are killing the damaged hair cells that are the cause of your tinnitus.
      when they will totally die , maybe ur tinnitus will vanish.
      But there's also the risk that you damage other hair cells

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      That theory about the haircells is completely unsuported and does look a bit too simplistic.

More likely your stress levels lowered substantialy because you had fun, and you "let it go", which in turn helps your brain to "not care" so much about the tinnitus, which is a positive vicious circle. And will actually lower your tinnitus preception and perhaps even the tinnitus itself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      I did care though, any time i went to the bathroom i was paranoid and tried to listen out for it , my T in right ear is the same as it was but the left definitely lowered. Im Also starting to think that ear wax may be the cause of my T, but at the same time i doubt it because my T started 2 days after a rave.

7. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Some people here say that their T goes down in volume after a heavy night of drinking. It wears off though.

8. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Tinnitus doesn't work like that at all. It's about general lack of auditory input, not about "some haircells that create tinnitus".

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      I never heard of that, good to know, right now it's 3:45 pm 2 days after the party and still lower, how i check is i sit in a quiet room with just my Xbox on, i could always clearly hear my left T over it. It's still as quiet as it was yesterday. I hope it stays like it :)

10. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      My T does the same. I have no idea why but it is strange...

11. Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      ok, but why not all deaf ppl (or ppl with hearing loss) have tinnitus ?
      can't undrestand

12. Petronius

Petronius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise / anxiety
      In the first few years of having T, I was experiencing the same thing: it would also get quieter after a couple of hours in a noisy bar. I remember I'd go to bed and would barely hear my T.