Tinnitus, Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, VAERS

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jesse Angell, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Jesse Angell

Jesse Angell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. 1.5 months after Moderna Vaccine
      About 45 days after the 2nd Moderna COVID-19 shot I developed a high pitched hissing that accompanied higher pitched sounds. Metal on metal sounds really set it off. Doctor gave me some antibiotics to no avail. I even quit swimming for a month in case it was “swimmer’s ear”. No change. It’s often very slight. Other times it’s like earphones. My hearing hasn’t been affected, but it seems to jumble up the frequencies of higher pitched sound. Crowd noise become more than background noise and makes understanding direct speech a challenge.

I’ve had “ringing in the ears” from loud sounds (Yeah, 20 year in the Army, gonna happen.) And this isn’t like any ringing from a tank main gun. But I’ve always taken great care to wear hearing protection. And have done pretty well on hearing tests given my age. This feels different from an ear infection, swimmer’s ear or a loud sound. It feels more “nervy” than even inner ear.

I reported it on the VAERS, which I recommend. Folks with tinnitus are often willing to accept it as a “life condition”, I don’t know why. I’m going back to my doctor for a second visit. It’s concerning.

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. DanR

DanR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/22/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid vaccine
      I got tinnitus after my second Moderna vaccine as well. How are you doing now?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jesse Angell

Jesse Angell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. 1.5 months after Moderna Vaccine
      It comes and goes. It’s often just the feeling that I have earphones on. I don’t have diminished acuity of sound, just a muffled sensation. It now feels like my Eustachian tubes are blocked, but no real symptoms of ear infection, just the sensation. It’s been two days since the last bout!

I was listening to Dr Radio on XM today. They were commenting on whether or not tinnitus can be aggravated by the COVID-19 shot. No firm statement, but the fact that they discussed it leads me to believe that it’s a thing. How widespread or serious it is... I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

But I have no hearing loss... yet!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      45 days is a bit long to have a reaction to the shot. After 2 days but within 2 weeks seems more realistic.