Tinnitus Onset Preceded by Sinus Headache After J&J Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HeyMikey, May 1, 2021.

1. HeyMikey

HeyMikey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID Vaccine - J&J
      Hi,

I just found this forum and am hoping you folks can help.

I got the J&J Janssen COVID-19 vaccine a few weeks ago. First day was fine, second and third day I had severe sinus headache. I avoided antihistamines and anti-inflammatory drugs a couple days before and 2 weeks after the shot.

As the headache was winding down, the tinnitus started. I thought it might go away after a day or two. It has not. It got worse. It is relentless. I got an appointment a couple of days ago with an audiologist and ENT who found my hearing tapering drop off from 4-8 kHz. Nothing significant or out of the ordinary for my age group. Both said there is nothing they can do; cut out salt, MSG, alcohol, chocolate and some other things and, in essence, just get used to it. Wonderful.

So now I'm on my own to find relief. I'm basically grasping at straws. I have an old noise machine that helps a little at night. I went to a local health store and got some Ginkgo, Magnesium and B12 to improve circulation. I just got a script for sleeping pills after no sleep for 2-1/2 weeks. Daytime noise helps a little, but its hard to shut out. I miss sitting quietly.

I would really like to find a better noise machine, or even hearing aids/ear phones for daytime that can also be used for sleep. I'm a side sleeper so need something small. Any recommendations or pointers to existing threads on the subject would be very welcome. Most of the information I've been finding so far is some kind of marketing based piece ultimately trying to sell me their product or some others on Amazon.

Anyway, that's my story. Sounds like I'm not alone with respect to this vaccine side-effect. I really regret having gotten it.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah man it sucks, I haven’t gotten a full nights rest in a week.

3. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I recommend the Sound Pillow as that's the only device that's helped me for sleep. The other thing that's helped me, which I didn't realize until I moved, is sleeping in a dark room.

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HeyMikey

HeyMikey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID Vaccine - J&J
      Thanks Lilah. I will look into it.

• Like Like x 1