Tinnitus or Imagination?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kazue, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I'm happy to say my T is 95% gone for the past 12 hours, even with a short nap. I FINALLY READ A BOOK IN SILENCE. I took advantage of the moment since this will be short lived.

I woke up this morning with a very quiet hiss like usual. Then I noticed at school, I didn't hear it anymore. It was way too good to be true. When I took a nap; I couldn't hear the ringing when my ear is in the pillow, like usual.

However, I don't know if my anxiety is messing with me. I hear a quiet hiss when my T is on my conscious. It goes away when I don't think about it though. It even went away while I was in the restroom. I heard silence. It's kinda like when you hear a fire alarm and still hear it even when you're not exposed to it.

So I don't know if I'm imagining my T sounds since it's not there anymore or is it starting to come back? Am I just being paranoid?

• Like Like x 1
    2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Depends. Did you just smoke a bowl of weed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Nah. Not my thing.

4. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      It's time to enjoy the quiet!

5. Mahr
      Doh

Mahr Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably hair cell damage
      Perhaps you're paranoid. So what? Enjoy this silence!

6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      enjoy the silence, and try no to focus on the sound, if its there, its there and theres nothing you can do about it
      but enjoy the day with or without T, just like you said in your other post, dont wish for it to go away.
      wish for days you enjoy :)
      maybe it got better and it went away, or maybe it got better and will spike, who knows?
      the only thing you can do, is enjoy the day

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Holy crap. I can read a book in silence. I'm crying tears of joy.:cry: I think my body is used to the ringing and is producing the high pitch sound in my subconscious. It's not actually there but my brain is making the sound. It's strange.

8. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Silence?? WTF is that?

• Like Like x 1
    9. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      I have an issue about imaging sounds ( any kind of sound ). If I take a walk around the city, and hear an alarm, after many blocks whan i´m sure i shouldn´t listen it, it rings in my mind ( not loud of course ). That is an example of hundreds hahaha... It is a mix of anxiety, obsessiveness, fear... When the T in my right ear began, i was paranoid, with a ver high anxiety level. My doctor ( psychiatrist ) told me that the brain likes to mess with us ( creating ghost sounds for example, in my case ) . If you try to focus on the sound of the wind, and imagine there is a particular sound, or voice... after a while, you will believe you hear it. It is like finding shapes in the clouds

• Agree Agree x 1