Tinnitus Originating from Inner Ear Cheek/Neck or Brain

Discussion in 'Support' started by David S, Mar 2, 2018.

1. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      How do you perceive you Tinnitus? Mine originates clearly from my left side inner ear. For most times it sounds like small fast electrical shortcuts or cross-talks.

It is often said in this forum that the inner ear can not generate any sound on its own, it´s a brain thing. I am not sure about this. The normal explanation is hair cells dies, which ends nerve synapses and leads to the nerve connection dying. This results in brain compensation for lost input which leads to Tinnitus. But this is happening with people all the time without causing tinnitus (most people lose all high frequqnecy hearing once old). It´s said that if this happens in a slow tempo the plasticity of the brain can compensate for this. It might be the case if you lose a lot of hair cells at the same time but on the other hand people that have to cut the nerve completely do not always end up with severe Tinnitus.

What i think is interesting is that the inner ear partly work as a battery and amplifier. I think it is important to discuss about this as well and not only about the the hair cells. The movement of the hair cells does not create enough of energy to get proper signaling to the brain. As you can see below it´s more than a 100mV potential amplifying the signaling. It´s a constant flow to recharge the potential. After what I read I see a number of things that could go wrong here and generate Tinnitus from the inner ear.

A. Partly broken hair cells start to signaling on wrong frequencies
      B. Lost movement of hair cells starts synapses spontaneously
      C. Broken structures or membrane start potential leakage (cross-talk) where it shouldn't occur.
      D. Some of us might have too low potential (hearing lost), some of us might benefit from a lower potential (less tinnitus).

Then we have the somatic part. This is how I understand it cross-talk from muscles to the vagus nerve. I believe we with severe tinnitus quite often have a combination of problems. Once losing some hearing we might have a nerve structure making us more sensitive to cross talk.

Another thing that I come to think of is that heart fibrillation is related to tissues around the heart that spontaneously sends out electrical signaling and disturb the heart's rhythm. This could be solved by cooling/heating this tissue to death.

For me to understand more what I am suffering from is a part of the healing process.

Ear.JPG

Attached Files:

• Ear.JPG
        Ear.JPG
        File size:
        66.6 KB
        Views:
    2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Left side inner ear here, too. Right now also as if something is stuck inside the inner ear and needs to be removed. A fullness, but generally that's only when I'm spiking or if something louder than usual has passed me by.

I have less tinnitus on my right, but that's also inner ear.