Tinnitus Out of the Blue... WTF?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ecip, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Hi from Edmonton, AB.
      I'm 32 years old, healthy, and suddenly out of the blue I had a severe case of T coming from both ears. Middle of my head sometimes, it feels like. It was so bad I could barely stand it. There was no reason for this. Seen 3 doctors, had a hearing test, blood test, and even was in the ER where they did a CT scan to check for anything abnormal.. but there was nothing abnormal at all.
      Now, 7 days into it, its calmed down and last night I actually had a good nights sleep. The ER prescribed me Valium, but I didnt end up needing it since it relaxed a bit. But no one knows why all of a sudden Im experiencing this.

Right now as I'm typing this I have a high pitch noise, around the 16000Hz mark. Sounds like an old CRT TV... only louder of course. My oh my oh my....what in the hell............. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm kinda just like you. I was at home, watching Youtube on my phone, and suddenly the noise came. Fortunately mine has also gotten a lot better. I too am looking for a reason why it happened

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey Hariz,
      Seems my ringing gets down to a certain fairly acceptable volume now, but then it increases again to a point where it causes me anxiety. It'll move from left to right, and back again.
      It really sucks. Last night I woke up to the ringing around 5, had some anxiety, so I took a Valium and went back to bed 30 or so minutes later and slept till 10. Ears we're still ringing but somehow it helped me sleep irregardless.
      Where are you located?

4. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm from Singapore, what about you?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alberta, Canada