Tinnitus Pitch Changes

Discussion in 'Support' started by IreneW, Mar 14, 2018.

1. IreneW

IreneW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      I wish I knew why the pitch changes.

I’m sitting here at work and it gets louder and then it goes back to the usual range.

Then it stops completely for seconds and then comes back to usual range. What’s weird is there are days that he pitch stays the same all day long and then there are days that it changes throughout the day. If there is ever a study in my area I would love to be part of it. In the meantime I will not let “T” stop me from living life and being happy.

I just lost a high school friend who went to Dr on Feb 10th for headaches and dizziness, he passed away from brain cancer on March the 5th less than a month later. I feel blessed even if I have to live the rest of my life with T.

Have a a beautiful day everyone !!

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Sorry for your loss but positive message. My pitch changes regularly as well. Unless someone can tell me why, it remains one of the mysteries of tinnitus.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Suzerman

Suzerman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 october 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a mix of ETD and TMJ
      It might have to do with your spine/neck/jaw and the muscle tension it can cause. I have the very same fluctuations and it seems to be very much related to my posture/positioning of my neck and muscle tension in that area

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Tinnitus has no rule book. But that's sad about your friend. Things like that really put things in perspective!
      Tinnitus do what the hell it do!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Mine goes up and down like a radio being tuned...pretty sure it has to do with neck and jaw tension for me. Not been able to stop it though :mad: Sometimes it goes from a hiss to a screech and then to a chirping Frog in the space of a minute or so...Always settles back to baseline hiss at 7000hz ish. If it wasnt so annoying and distracting it would be hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Alfredo17
      Batty

Alfredo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 yr
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry for your loss. I'm going through the same thing my pitch keeps on getting high higher and I don't know what to do about it.

7. TiredOfT
      Tired

TiredOfT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still not sure of cause
      Same here. The pitch, volume, and intensity of mine changes from hour to hour. I also have facial tingling and my eyes twitch for at least part of each day. I have had an MRI to rule out any physical cause (i.e., tumor, etc.). I am also tapering off Valium, and I believe that most, if not all, of mine is due to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      Yeah, pitch and volume changes constantly.

9. BadratDay
      Insomnious

BadratDay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7 march 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      being a mess of anxiety music too maybe
      My brains have a hard time handling all the different (4 or 5) noise at all time, so some noise can hide each other pretty weird

10. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Had a high whine for 6 weeks. It's changed pitch only twice, once after I tried notched music therapy and it came down for a few seconds, then the lower note stopped and went back to the high one again. I think the other time may have been headphone related which I'm trying to avoid using now. I don't know if it meant the notched music therapy was working but I've been too nervous about trying it again since, because I feel I can habituate better to a constant tone rather than one which is changing.