Tinnitus Pitch-Matching Dangerous?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wintersilence, Sep 25, 2015.

1. wintersilence

wintersilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-2015
      I recently decided to subscribe to audio notch. I have not had a chance try it much as I am constantly trying to match my frequency (which I know can be difficult) I am starting to really worry that listening to all the high pitch sounds while trying to match my tone could be detrimental to my tinnitus. My ringing has recently gotten worse near the time of using the tuner but I know it could just be coincidental.

I tried to search on here if anyone has had any luck at all with that program and did not find anyone who reported using it. When I went to my audiologist it was determined that I have hearing loss at 8000 MHz, does that mean I should be looking to match near that frequency?

At this point I am scared I'm doing more harm than good and I am just thinking about cancelling and getting a refund without really trying it further.

2. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      No, it's not dangerous as long as you keep the volume on safe levels. Actually some studies suggest that volatile sound environment can be good for your hearing since it stimulates whole range of your hearing. And yes, it's a good to start searching around 8000MHz but T isn't necessarily there.

3. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Mhz? Lol. Is this person tuning in to AM radio?

4. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Oops, ment 8000Hz ofc, too stoned by Trobal xD

5. Ragman

Ragman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      I wouldn't spend my money on audio notch, as you can get the same results with Audacity after finding your T frequency (s). You can notch several T frequencies on one track with Band Stop Filter software. Not sure but I think this comes with the newer version of Audacity, which is free.
      Ragman