Tinnitus Related to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Imshael, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      Hi everyone!

For the last couple of weeks or so, my tinnitus has faded more into the background. I do believe that it actually lowered in volume, and that it wasn't just me getting used to it (even though I probably did as well).

When I went to the doctors they gave me a cortisone spray to use for a month, and I used it longer than that, probably twice as long or so.

I still havent gotten my appointment with the ENT (yay for free healtcare, not so much for the amount of time it takes to get help), but I decided on my own that, since I've used the spray for the amount of time I was supposed to and my T seemed to be improving, to stop using the spray.

Now I do bealive my T is increasing back to what is was.

I don't believe I've been exposed to any particularily loud noises, so therefore I'm simply wondering if this might be related to the fact that I stopped using the spray?

What do you guys think, might it be related to eustachian tube dysfunction? Or is this simply the way some tinnitus behaves?

2. JannyBanany1
      Gloomy

JannyBanany1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      double ear infection
      Hi Imshael,
      I've had tinnitus since last July. I THINK it started with a double ear infection, which then turned into ETD. I went to my ENT and had him put in ear tubes. They have helped release the pressure I had in my ears but the ringing still continues.
      Do you have pressure in your ears like you can't clear them and/or do you have crackling noises in your ears? that's what I had and the ear tubes helped.
      -Janet

3. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Mine changes from day to day...almost silent to a deflating bike tire in my ear, no ryme or reason. Sometimes it just changes from bad to gone...or gone to bad in the middle of the day. I think it might be a good thing it fluctuates in your case....your brain might just keep it low one day.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @JannyBanany1 I do have some pressure, and from time to time some pain as well. The crackling I'm not sure about, it's there when I swallow, but I'm not sure if that is a normal thing or not? However, it's not nearly as bad as it was before getting the spray, so I'm guessing that it had some affect on whatever was causing the crackling sound.

@Jason37 I hope that you are right, I'm still hoping for it to improve back to the low hum it used to be before it became worse in January.

Thank you both for your answers!

5. JannyBanany1
      Gloomy

JannyBanany1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      double ear infection
      Imshael, you should speak with your ENT to see about ear tubes. It seems like you have pressure and inflammation in your ears. Have you seen an Allergist yet?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @JannyBanany1 I haven't seen my ENT, I'm still waiting to get an appointment at the hospital. The pressure and pain comes and goes, however, so it's not to terrible.