Tinnitus Relief It Works

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hotspur, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Hotspur

Hotspur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi guys, just thought you may want to try this, if you type the title of this thread into YouTube you get a 30 min clip, it involves a series of different notes, I just found it seems to help me in a way by changing the tone, I only have to listen to a few minutes and it seems to work.

Maybe be worth trying to see if it helps you.

2. Optic Axis
      Tired

Optic Axis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and industrial machines.
      I do a similar thing with the audionotch website. Setting the frequency at around 7000 and the wave to BB Noise then playing the sound with the website volume on full but my laptop volume really low, then increase my laptop volume bit by bit until I get a slight tingling sensation as the pressure appears to drain from my head. I listen to this sound for varying times, sometimes 4 hours and I have some relief from my tinnitus for a while. The problem being that the length of time I have the relief varies from a minute or two to a few hours.
      As the sound is playing it seems to stop my eyes from wanting to close from feeling constantly tired and I can focus a bit better both visually and mentally. I think getting a good nights sleep would help this benefit me more but good nights sleep seem to happen very rarely.

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      :D

I should really get that video taken down. It's a straight copy of one of my videos and it has like ten times more views than mine. Total infringement of copyright and totally misunderstanding the technique too.

Oh well, if it's helping people I suppose it can't be bad....

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      @Steve How can we view your videos?????

5. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      YouTube channel - tsounds1

I've got to move stuff over to the Tinnitus Hub channel. We've been talking about this today and are going to start doing it tomorrow morning. So if you subscribe to the Hub you'll see them popping up bit by bit, with some new content too.

It's kind of weird @Hotspur started this thread just now. I was literally in the middle of asking Markku how the hell somebody can steal my video and get loads more views and comments and then he linked to this new thread - massive coincidence :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. Eltel

Eltel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/14
      Do you think there is much merit in audio therapy Steve ?

Eltel

7. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That all depends. The question is more "are you a responder to audio therapy?".

I am a responder and it works for me, which is why I create it. Some people do not respond at all to audio so it's lost on them. I do have a certain element of my tinnitus that doesn't respond to audio, I'm sure it's from a neck injury and related to neck strain, audio doesn't do anything for that particular tone.

The key is understanding your own tinnitus and finding the therapeutic approach that helps you, unfortunately you can't say that audio works for all. It's a matter of trial and error.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hotspur

Hotspur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi Steve i can assure you it is just a coincidence,i just about have the tech know how to send an email!
      As you say even though its not on your channel it seems to have benefitted a lot of people on there which can only be a good thing?
      Did you say their was a technique to listening to this?I can either listen to headphones or speakers for a few minutes and it tends to always change it
      Does anyone else find matching your tone on Audionotch almost cancels out your own sound?

9. Optic Axis
      Tired

Optic Axis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and industrial machines.
      This article is an example of what I feel happen to me when I listen to a frequency for a while. When it is louder I am less able to do other things, as if my brain is unable to devote any effort because it is all pre-occupied. When my tinnitus is quieter after listening to the frequency for a while I can do other things better, for example my visual focus is sharper and my depth perception improves so I don't knock things as I walk past or go to take something else.

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/new-research-records-tinnitus-activity-in-the-brain

10. masterhoagie

masterhoagie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      over ear xbox headset monitor. kid yelled into Mic
      Steve h .

I love your sound videos on YouTube .

thank you .

• Like Like x 1
    11. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I don't seem to get the time I'd like to do more, I have quite a few to finish off and upload.

• Like Like x 1