Tinnitus Seems to Be Reactive?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robm21, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Robm21

Robm21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Im 22 and for ages I've always had tinnitus - ringing mainly in my right ear, gets worse obviously around loud noise ect. For the last 3 months it's gotten worse, it rings kind of deeper and louder seeming more central in my head.
      What makes it more annoying is that (normally in more quiet places like in bed, ect with less
      sound) if there is a sharp sudden noise like a creak in the floor board, a door closing, someone putting a cup down, knocking, something falling on the floor (you get the idea) my tinnitus kind of reacts to it instantly (0.05 of a second) and I get this wierd kind of brain zap/jolt/twitch feeling which lasts like half a second. It doesn't occur every time, but it does happen say 50-60% of the time (mainly when my brain doesn't expect this sound to happen).

Does anyone on here know what this is? Can it be cured? Helped? What causes it? What does it mean? I have no other symptoms and in good health otherwise.
      Thank you!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Rob,
      Do you suffer from Anxiety ?
      The zaps at night could be your reaction to the sound and a emotional reaction...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robm21

Robm21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Glynis... Yeah I do actually but I have done for 3 years and something tells me that these aren't related, it's wierd I can't find anything on the Internet like mine :( thanks

• Like Like x 1
    4. Guest9201

Guest9201 Guest

I am a strong believer it is linked to anxiety.

I got H and the exact same thing when I got my T 2011.
      Now my T spiked after a flu (still increased), and like 1 week ago (so not when the spike occured, but after I started to increase my anxiety over it) I got some H and with that some weird distortion, and my "brain" reacts the same way.

Today I felt slightly better just a few hours, and the zaps/distortion went away quite a lot just those hours, a long with H.

It's back some now because my anxiety is higher in the evening when i am typing this.

So yes, if you anxiety increased after you noticed a higher/different T sound and it started after I think it's due to just that.

H with distortion/"zaps" seems to be 100% linked to my anxiety since it happens twice now the exact same way.
      I guess it will only get better when I get better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robm21

Robm21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
    6. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck

I know what kind of T. you have. YOU NEED TO ABSTAIN FROM all electrical audio and speakers ON A DAILY BASIS.

Speakers have damaged your Ear Nerve.

Good Luck.......... This is hard T. to get over

00r0r_byJOCRLfabk_600x450_zps0psgzhy3.jpg

These little Pro Audio beauties have damaged your ears..........

Good Luck getting over it. Very Hard

I'm Good After 2 years of Abstaining from virtually all Electrical Speakers.
      Any speaker would set off my T.

How long have you had your T. ?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robm21

Robm21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for commenting, it's hard to say but it's been noticeabley worse for 3 years...do I just have to cut out loud music completley then? Will it get better? What happens if I dont?
      Thank you

8. adam.gre

adam.gre Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (mild) 01/2003; (louder and reactive) 06/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      flu and sinuses problems
      @Robm21 I have exactly the same kind of T since 2.5 months. I hear loud high pitched sound (at least 5-10x times my baseline T) everytime someone's opening a door, drops something, someone sneezes). I also lasts usually less than a second.

I had mild T for long time and 2.5months ago I had weird cold, my baseline T increased, but the worst is reactive part. It sucks and it seems hardly anyone have it.

Sorry I can't help. I wonder if there are any veterans on this forum with this condition

9. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.

I've only been dealing with this for just over 3 weeks (yes, counting down..) and mine gets worse when around the television or radio. I have to have both the car radio and tv volume pretty low otherwise it seems like the noise i'm hearing is trying to compete with the TV/Radio or whatever. It's very frustrating.. I also suffer from anxiety so I think I may have freaked myself out now to doing the things I used to do in fear of making it worse.

10. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Hello Natalie.
      Please read my Success Story.. in the Success Stories forum.

Hi Robm21.
      I spent quite a bit of time, thinking about what i was gonna write back to ya ( in the evenings when i basically lay and do nothing or just listen to my iPod at extremely low volume ....because i'm constantly aware of preserving my ears and not perpetuating my T. )

But realize i haven't posted yet. And yea, that's what i was going to say.
      YES. ..you have to cut out loud music completely.

As sure as you can count on ....that if you cut yourself, you will bleed, you can count on, that if you continue that exposure to the ProAudio, yes, the Tinnitus will not stop.
      T. has completely dictated my life..
      But i'm doing great. ....had a great night at the gym last night, and an awesome Asian Massage afterward !

i always absolutely boggle my mind thinking about IF CERTAIN PEOPLE got T.
      people with certain professions.

• Like Like x 1