Tinnitus Since New Year, Started with Vomiting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Furetto, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      We are all gonna love this 2020, aren't we?

It started with a sudden vomiting episode exactly on New Year's Eve. I felt dizzy, went to bed and run to puke after 30 minutes, after the episode I had no symptoms, even went partying and didn't give it too much tought.

After a week I vomited suddently again and that's where I started having a high pitched sound in my ears+mind fog. I would not say I ever had vertigo (never saw things spinning). After 2 months it disappeared. One doctor told me that it's because of muscle tension in the neck and suggested meditation and ostheopath. I did some physical therapy for the neck and thought that was it solved it.

Then symptoms reappered again after 4 months, this July. Now I have constant high pitched buzzing (ranging from low to moderate), on-and-off sense of being slightly drunk/hard to concentrate, very occasional inner ear twitching that can go on all night or fullness. I don't have any symptoms with balance, I do martial arts and I roll exacly like before.

Brain MRI normal, audiometry normal, ECG normal, ecodoppler of the neck normal. The only exam that was positive was a HIT test.

-Another one suspects vestibular neuritis and gave me Betahistine, which I have now been taking for 20 days.
      -Another one (orthopedist) told me that it's because of a pinched nerve in my neck and wanted to do a surgery to replace some cartilages (but every other doctor advised against this).

Has anyone had an onset of tinnnitus with vomiting? I would really wish for the more experienced members to point me in the right direction.

2. BILZER

BILZER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline
      I had vomiting from a drug induced tinnitus, an antibiotic.