Tinnitus Spike with Morse Code Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Far, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Far
      Worried

Far Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      3 days ago, I went in a 30 min all together drive and listened to music on headphones. I cranked it up double I usually have since there was so much noise around me inc speakers.

Well, next night, I heard a morse code type beep that was slightly quieter than my normal constant tinnitus (mild volume). A kid slammed a car trunk pretty loud a few hours before that too. After the sleep, the morse code became very quiet but noticeable when covering my ears.

Soon after, the noise died down quite a lot that I couldn't it hear over my T that was loud a s usual later in the day.

Skip forward 2 days after, now I have that same quiet morse code beeping. Yesterday those screaming kids came again whilst watching some movies. I should mention the movies were not that loud by the way, yet I watched 3 hours plus of it.

Another thing to note is that my ear has been clogged up for the past few days too.

Please tell me this is temporary, I am legit 16 and feel terrible.

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Far Morse code can be caused from several different things. It can be corrected. Colds- with mucus, sinuses, nasal passages all top the list. To a much lesser degree - fibromyalgia and blood pressure - migraines. Hypertension. Any type of pain meds.

Magnesium and B12 often helps morse code.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Morse code T has always been temporary for me, I have constant high frequency Tinnitus, but 3 or 4 times a month, I also get this morse code Tinnitus.

Check it out, because morse code is related with TTTS, and TTTS is related with the anxiety you get around sounds.

Thats why, maybe, when these kids scream, your ears react to a point that your ears muscles start to function unnormally.

As everything about Tinnitus, is just a theory, but it is worth to check this out.

Best,

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Far
      Worried

Far Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @JohnnyMx was your morse code a symptom of noise exposure tinnitus. How loud was it too? Sorry for my ignorance, but I couldn't find TTTS on the internet anywhere. Thank you

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      I don't think it is because loud sound. I used to notice it also after a long drive... I thought maybe it was the sound of the car, or engine, or traffic, then I made this test, I used earplugs while driving, and the morse code started again, so It was not the sound. I don't get this morse code Tinnitus while driving anymore.

I've had mild tinnitus since highschool, but in 2013 it became louder, i cant define an exact relation with the causes, alot of things happened those days. Big stress and anxiety, health problems because I was so overweight (T forced me to loss alot of weight, which was a good thing), I was prescribed with High Blood Pressure drugs around the same weeks my T got louder, I was also prescribed with a drug for intestinal bacteria, which later I read it has history of causing T...

Then again, it could be only my many years of hearing very loud music, attending concerts, or going to nighclubs.

Anyway, the bad part of my T has already resolved, I still have moderate T, but I have habituated. I closed this chapter, and moved on, and I like to come to TT to give as much help as I can.

The best for you,

• Like Like x 1
    7. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013