Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Aug 2, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Damn, i helped out stacking straw bales yesterday (2000 bales) and this morning my tinnitus is spiking like crazy. Hope this is just temporary.

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Don't panic! It's temporary, you'll see.

3. clare hart

clare hart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You may have overstressed your muscles doing something you aren't used to doing. I think any kind of stress can cause a spike whether it is physical or mental.

I have had some T spikes recently which have created frequencies both high and low, mostly high, with other weird sounds shooting through my head from time to time. Now I realize the strange shooting noises are likely from a stiff and sore neck, shoulders, and jaw. I also have TMJ dysfunction which has been really noticeable throughout this same time period. I think this may possibly have caused T spikes. They are constant but I have found it easier to live with them. Not only physical, but I have had more stress which don't help, so I have to try to deal with that. Had a few migraines too. I figure all of this aggravates tinnitus.

I have had mostly periods of habituation. I am on my way back again now. I let myself accept the fact that unless a "cure" or really effective treatment is found, I will have this for life. No use fighting it.

I'm still hearing it a lot whether I try to or not. It does help if I keep busy and distracted. Masking doesn't help but I still keep a low fan running at night - for comfort I guess. The thing is, it doesn't bother me much. Like I said, I can suffer from it or I can let it be what it is.

I am sorry you are experiencing uncomfortable spikes and I hope these are in fact temporary, as Carlo said.

• Like Like x 1
    4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      What's your response to your T?
      Don't measure your T, measure your response. I learned that here.
      It puts the T in the background. Really.
      ... after 40 years of T, this is the best 'treatment' I've found.

• Like Like x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    5. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Im still in the early phases of t (first few months), so my response is generally very anxious. The louder it seems, the more anxious my response. As long as it stays the same for a bit, i tend to calm down and am not as bothered by it as much, but my t fluctuates a lot.

6. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      That's a great detailed response. Keep gauging your response, day by day. Don't even worry about how loud the T is, measure your response.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Puuh. Don't worry how loud it is is well said.
      I really try and live my life as T would be not there.
      But not reacting to this ultra-shrill sound is somewhat difficult.

8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      The good news is you CAN react. Make a mental note of your reaction. Don't make mental notes of the volume / sound of the T. Do this and watch how it changes things.

9. Harold
      Cheerful

Harold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HI ALL.. maybe you've read some other response to the issue of Tinnitus from me... My T was as a result of firing weapons in heavy combat if Vietnam... I was even exposed to the Agent Orange Defoliant that could have damaged me in other ways , yet here i am married over 40 year to the same wonderful girl and i live with the T 24/7 .....Yes the T has some louder days and days when its much more tolerable....The whistle sound at times of stress seems to get louder than if i am relaxed and distracted by work or being in a crowded place..I go to sleep at 10 pm with a portable radio and ear plugs on low volume. as this helps....recently i decided to ween off Ativan that the VA gave me as a stress and PTSD reducer... My wife told me the Ativan, can cause memory loss with
      long term use so i decided to try and get off the A ,but was concerned that it might spike my T.......Ive been taking one 1/2 mg dose before bedtime a few days as 12 days is required to get off it,and it did NOT spike my T. The VA back in the day diagnosed my T as very loud and severe.....So don't feel bad if you think your getting a spike day.Plus any spikes may go away in mid day at times , as well.Stay away from Aspirin as this is a big T spiker.One thing that will help the T is to have a normal blood pressure reading...Any elevated blood pressure from salt intake or drinking booz could elevate the T. You may ask have i ever got Panic attacks from my T , That answer you know is yes but i also have PTSD for the duration of time....I try and keep busy with various things every day and love walking at the shore , when the weather cooperates....The sounds of the shore , the Sea Gulls, people and Planes flying close by seems to distract and in the sun shine for several hours of walking a day , does help the T
      for me..Ascience will come up with something that will cut down or stop the T, so you have to believe that and send e-mails to the medical labs and various medical communities , that they need to work on a cure for Tinnitus.There are meds for just about everything else, but people must lobby the medical communities on the painful issues of tinnitus sufferers.