Tinnitus Started After Beard Trimming/Laptop Fan Noise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robb09, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Robb09
      Alienated

Robb09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      buzzing shaver/laptop fan whine/pellet gun/music/caff/wax/ eardrum red
      I was wondering about CI since i was on verge of getting it, my ENT directed me to after the testing. But reading stories about tinnitus get worst had made me feel like i shouldn't. I am deaf on right ear, profound in left and use a hearing aid in left. I was born like this as well.

Well 4 months ago march i was using a buzzer to trim my beard and I heard ringing for 5 min in shower then it went away until the next day, I was trimming some more then played on my laptop which made alot whirring noise with the fan. This is when I got tinnitus constantly since. My eardrum was red and irridated so the Dr took out a buncha wax with water, gave me cipro drops, next week gave me Cortiosteriod nose nasal spray.

I started with Eeeeeeee sound then a month later it became constant Wurrrrrr dingdingdingding Wurrrrr dinginginging etc.. Sometimes it became like blowing on a mircophone, it changes alot. Get worse at night when its quiet. Should i avoid CI and keep using hearing aid? CI doesn't help at all does it? I can hear good with hearing aid, i can speak, hear music and bird cirping, I dont feel like im missing out on sounds.

At night i use bluetooth to play music on low in my hearing aid while i go to sleep. I cant without it. So far the Dr did nothing to help. I need advice on getting Ginko/magnesium/zinc/b12/iron supplements. I read these might help or a Lipo-flavonoid. I haven't got a CT scan yet. Any advice or thoughts? Thank you

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Robb. Your T may not be caused by the noise of beard trimming or lap top fan. These may be just coincidence. Here is a site listing what sounds are ok and what are dangerous and how much time you can expose to them before damage is done. So according to that, the beard trimming or lap top fan shouldn't have damaged your hearing.

http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

Tinnitus is one strange alien beast that is hard to figure out. Trying to guess what triggers it can be frustrating as T is quite unpredictable. A new T can keep on changing. From what I read, when T is new or when it kicks up to a new level, there can be a period T will morph into different forms at times, such as developing ear fullness, ear pressure or pain, developing new tones or alternating pitches, or become pulsatile. If the pitch is very high, some form of sound reactiveness or hyperacusis symptoms can follow. So it is best to expect a period of instability initially and don't get so worked up when T morphs. It also doesn't help if each morphing results in extreme anxiety or fear about the situation or the future. Stress & anxiety are bad for T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robb09
      Alienated

Robb09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for replying, I did forget to mention the Dr did say my ear was hypersensitive because I cant handle phone ringing, door slaming, dishes being washed, dog walking on hardwood floor, toilet/shower etc. But I think I have gotten used to those sounds after a long while and used rubber earplug for showering. I used to drink alot tea before this so I stopped. No more caffine, alcohol, Tylenol, salts for now on.

My ear isnt red anymore, but i still hate hearing cars and church bells. Sometimes the bells or vaccuum will get stuck in my head going on loop play.
      But 4 months the tinnitus is still there sound like someone is holding down a piano key and some noise from the audience with it.

My hearing aid amplify the beard trimmer so I have a feeling its not a coincidence, It was really loud with a fresh battery making it stronger in power. A month before this my hearing aid person increased my hearing aid by 3 levels i believe, and i wish he hadnt done that and i didnt ask him too. My laptop was old model for a new game so that why it got loud playing a demanding game. Played with game music on

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robb09
      Alienated

Robb09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also lost 20 pounds from drinking to much tea. Right now im trying to eat alot more, and meats. And right now im trying to figure out which supplement i should take.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      The general recommendation for supplement with possible T benefit are NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3, Ginkgo, etc. Some take relaxing tea like chamomile tea to calm and take melatonin for sleep, but it may be a matter of trial and error to see which one works best.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robb09
      Alienated

Robb09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ok i just got multivitamin and B complex and ginko. Ill check out NAC or melatonin n maybe that tea, does it have caffeine?

7. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      chamomile tea that I have is labelled as caffeine free. I don't drink it much now. No need to use it as I using outdoors and hobbies to calm and rest the nerves, even better than the supplement. LOL.