Tinnitus Started in August 2017, Don't Know Why?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LMF, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LMF
      Feminine

LMF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Neck Problems?
      59 yrs old T started approx. August 2017. Don't know why? Have compression of C-2 and C-3 or can it be related to antibiotics?

Or could it be from after the Florida Hurricane Irma in Florida?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. That is the first time I hear that somebody suggests that a hurricane can cause tinnitus. But I don't think it is too far fetched because if that natural disaster has caused you a lot of stress and anxiety, then it can trigger tinnitus.

Saying that, there are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc. T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc. Pulsatile tinnitus that follows the heart beat can be caused by circulatory system problem and a doctor should be consulted asap.

Hope you may find the actual cause and then if it is fixed, your T may fade. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LMF
      Feminine

LMF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Neck Problems?
      I am in panic mode. Today the worst day of my life. T was very strong after a restful weekend. Went to work, a PT employee. Now I am a mess of confusion. Seeing a Psychologist on Wed. and in Feb. I see my Primary Dr. who will have to refer me to a Dr. that I hope can diagnose and treat me. I hear (electric or crickets frequency sounds) in my ears. I have no hearing loss. I take all the vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 plus more. I hope I just need a good night sleep so I can go to work on Tue.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try to stay calm and relaxed and as stress and anxiety will spike tinnitus.
      Melatonin might help you sleep better.
      Tinnitus comes with lots of unwanted emotions and low mood and sleep loss but as you understand about tinnitus and how it effects you you start to take control and your brains natural filter will start to tune it out.
      Over time you will go minutes or hours and days not listening for the sound and you start to cope better.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LMF
      Feminine

LMF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Neck Problems?
      Today was a much better day with my T. Had a good 8 hours sleep and went to work.
      Yesterday before bed and right now listening to a YouTube video 8 hrs of "Deep Sleep Music, Peaceful Music, Relaxing, Meditation Music, Sleep Meditation Music" They have different videos. I am just trying to stay calm, cannot wait to see the Psychologist on Wed. and my primary in a few weeks. I do not play the music while I am sleeping. I usually sleep so peacefully. You feel like you don't want to get out of bed. As soon as I lift my head and start moving the T. comes back.

When I first notice I was having a problem I went to a new large Health food store. They had tall metal ceiling and music was playing. It sounded like two different tracks of music were playing at the same time. Also, the same thing happened at a different store with the same type of ceiling they had music playing too, heard the same thing. I quickly walked out. Then a few weeks later the cricket sounds started, now more of a steady light buzz.

Yes, I have been under a lot of stress. My cat died, my brother got sick, then the ordeal with Hurricane Irma, (I am native to S. Florida, now SW FL, been through many hurricanes), then I move only a few miles to a more quiet neighborhood. Certain sounds like the refrigerator can get cause discomfort when I am in the kitchen. I got new tires on my SUV and they sound noisy, so I always now have peaceful music playing on the radio. Also, the sound of auto traffic when I am at home. It's like things are Amplified. Like I have said I don't have hearing loss. I hear too good. Also, recently been have reading problems- Overstimulating in my brain.

Questions: Will I have hearing loss, what type of T. do you think I have? Does anyone else have the same problems? I am new to all of this. After spending the weekend on the Internet doing searches on T. which stressed me out, at least I found your site.
      Thank you.
      Lisa :)

6. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Your tinnitus could be due to a variety of different factors. Loud noises, ototoxic medications (such as certain antibiotics), problems with your jaw, neck or cervical spine and stress could all be reasons why you developed it. Tinnitus itself is not causing hearing loss or further damages your hearing - hearing loss, however, can cause tinnitus.
      Sounds being amplified could be a sign of hyperacusis. Wearing white noise generators or having white/pink noise in the background could help to desensitize your ears. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find the exact reason why someone developed tinnitus sometimes...

• Like Like x 1