Tinnitus Sucks But Be HAPPY!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark_PI, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Mark_PI
      Supportive

Mark_PI Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma Accident / KORN
      Hey Hello everyone!,
      I am new to this forum and I HAVE ACCEPTED that I have Tinnitus !
      My Story,
      1980's ! with huge speakers in the rear seat of my car blaring ... you guess it 1980's songs! lol
      I did not have Tinnitus

1996 I was in a car accident which he got hit broad side and my head slammed against the rear passengers window. I did not have any tinnitus

2001 Dysfunctional Family Picnic Concert! OZZY!
      For three days my ears rang, lost some hearing....

2014 Tinnitus started to come about specially when stressed out ... My ears were in pain!! Scared ! Frighten !
      no were to turn.... I try to deal with it.. it came and it went, it came and got louder. Now really frighten. fml

2016 Chronic Tinnitus every second I'm awake I have it! As I write is extremely loud and there is nothing to do about it that I know of.
      Although there are days when its low and I have to tell you these are the Absolutely the best days of my life ! I am searching the internet reading what to do and nothing. I went to the ENT and I knew just as much as he did. Now I'm like hmmmm I really did it to myself Mark! But I'm the kind of guy that realizes that this is what I have to deal with so I accepted it and said screw it ! I am better than a few people I knew who died of cancer, better of than being amputated rom what ever..

I always knew I would have something screwing with me. Soo I took it and turn this around. Just ignore it ! , I just made some appointments with my female Dr who is very pretty btw so I get to see her again. I will rule out the Thyroid and other underlying causes that I cant see. I had a Blood test and Cholesterol and sugar are elevated. I'm low on Folic Acid. so I'm doing my thing. He is what's interesting .. I generally get about 4 to 6 hours sleep at night and go about my business. I have notice something if I sleep for 15 to 20 minutes on the days that the ringing is low it will kick right the hell up for a few days ... Why is this why does this happen? can sleep affect tinnitus ? Why does it when I stretch my neck muscles like I'm lifting weights why does my ringing change tone.. hmmmmm why is it when someone goes for a thyroid operation " Not Me" why do they all of a sudden have tinnitus ... When I dig my fingers into my neck muscles and thyroid why does the tone change? I don't know about you I'm going to try to figure this crap out. Not sure where it may lead me but I will give it a good try!! Oh btw DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN ! BE HAPPY !!

• Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the positivity in your above post, even about your beautiful female doctor. Haha. But seriously, you have displayed the spirit of acceptance despite your loud T and that will pay dividend big time in helping your T to hopefully lower its loudness. Acceptance will help reduce the stress and anxiety level, and these two are bad for T. Acceptance plus positivity will definitely help the T journey as time goes on.

The fact that after napping T seems to kick up is a known phenomenon among many T sufferers. Some call this the 'awakening response'. Dr. Nagler once posted here with more detail explanation:

“I have always felt it to be due to the role of the reticular formation in tinnitus perception. The reticular formation is a primitive structure in the brain stem. It's a "vital sign monitor." When you wake up, the RF checks to see whether or not you are alive! It looks for heartbeat, respirations, blood pressure, temperature - basic bodily signs. It does not care whether or not these signs are good or bad - just that they are present. And as far as the RF is concerned, tinnitus is part of "expected" body function in an individual suffering from severe intrusive tinnitus. So when you wake, your RF checks to see whether or not tinnitus is present. And if it doesn't immediately find the tinnitus, the RF seeks it with a vengeance - - especially in the post-nap state, when there has been inadequate REM sleep and when, therefore, the RF is on already "high alert" that something might not be quite right. Theoretically - very theoretically - this RF hyperactivity in seeking tinnitus, which in a person with severe intrusive tinnitus it equates with life, results in temporarily markedly augmented tinnitus perception.”

I agree with your last sentence in capital letters. Let's focus on the happy moments and the heck with T. I am enjoying the Olympics Rio 2016 hugely even while my T wants to distract me with its ringing. I made a post in the Positivity Thread to invite members to enjoy it. The heck with T. Enjoy and be happy. Take good care & God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark_PI
      Supportive

Mark_PI Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Thank YOU !!! A Big Thank YOU ! Very informative !! I like this personal touch when someone knows what they are talking about ! I like it when you nice people just call it " T" it doesn't deserve a name lolol
      Thank You again ! BE HAPPY !!!! I'll go watch the Games lol

• Like Like x 1
    4. Brad55

Brad55 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      200x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing
      I new here too. Thanks Mark_PI for your title ... Be happy! Nice reply Billy b. I am on my phone so its hard to type a long thank you . Due to severe hearing loss. I have T on and off for about 16 years. At first it was hell. Finally I got a hearing aide for my only good ear. My other ear is nearly deaf. Then it got better much better. I was taking klonopin too. Four about the last 5 to 8 years I've been great. I stopped taking Klonopin about 6 months ago. All was good until stess at work and going to a tractor pull a couple of weeks ago. Its back full force. I am so sad but I know I have survived this level of T years ago. So that is something for me to be happy about.! I am hoping I can recover quicker this time. My question for anyone reading this should I try to cope with this without klonopin? I didn't know about all the bad things related to klonopin then as i do now. Mostly I need a person to talk to.. I need a T friend! I really really need a friend that understands . I have taken Paxil in the past too. Now I find out that can cause T too. Sounds like I screwed no matter what I do in terms of medicine. Finally what about sound maskers?? Arrp apparently had these as a no drug therapy approch. Thanks for reading this.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Peter61

Peter61 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Thanx Mark for your positive post, that's the way to deal with T ! I abused my hearing for decades by playing drums, and I played them loud... Especially the snaredrum and the cymbals did me in. So now (since 2012) I have T, and it's a logical consequence of my actions. I did this to my poor ears myself. Me, and nobody else. And I started out with a perfectly healthy hearing when I was young, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. But I loved rock music, and never realized what loud noise can do to your ears, until it was too late and T came into my life. I'm not gonna moan about it. It's the price that I have to pay for treating my ears in an irresponsible way, reaction to action. Period.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark_PI
      Supportive

Mark_PI Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hey Brad !
      Well I'm not the to take pills but I am taking Ginkgo Biobla it suppose to thin your blood. I am on a mission to figure this out! I don't want to take anything that will rip up my stomach and have other problems. Well Brad it all depends on how you take it or deal with it.. I was frighten. like I said then I said screw it ! lolol I'm pretty much a healthy guy!
      it is a real pain but the secret is to this issue is THE OUTLOOK ON LIFE! I am not a preacher nor a Bible guy or God thing I always do it on my own! I trust myself.. I want a cure but we do not know what the underlying thing is for this T I guess I'm just saying its a struggle so is life but Screw it being happy is the most important ! I listen to music and try to keep myself busy and on the slow days I have to deal with it! T will never bring me down ! After my mother died in 86 I went through Severe Anxiety, saw the Drs therapist Drugs the whole bit.... Do you know I LICKED ANXIETY myself ! No god thing but myself! I knew I had to do something or I would never make it out of that hole! within 2 years I was good ... ITS MIND OVER MATTER ! Push yourself ! Im your friend Brad!

7. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I didn't push myself at all (did nothing actually) and after two years I was also good.
      People always underestimate the meaning of time just passing by.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark_PI
      Supportive

Mark_PI Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey Peter !
      ooooo The old Snaredrum! you know Pete Townsend from the who has T !
      Hey Peter You have excepted it like I did !
      I myself contribute to this issue and most of us did too! Look at it this way, I rather have this annoying T than have any other disease or any limb taking away... and I'm sure people would say the same in reverse! I found that T effects you at this second and I'll to you the truth I don't remember if it bothered me 10 minutes ago.. if you kinda understand what I'm saying. We live with this at this second. if you keep yourself busy like I do which is exhausting you forget its there on occasions which helps me.. Peter be positive be HAPPY continue on living and doing nice things. Hey listen just the other day I was at a hotdog place in New Jersey and I saw these two military guys in uniform they ordered some food and sat and waited, I went to the cashier and said I'll pay for the soldiers the bill was 10.00 so I paid and they found out and thanked me I said thank you for your service!! and moved on I felted GREAT ! my daughter said that was a very nice thing you did dad, it brought tears to my eyes I said well it was a good thing to do... So where am I going with this? well I felt good about myself like instead of looking and feeling miserable it picked me up in spirits !I'm not saying be a great Samaritan.. I think it's self worth... Don't feel down about it !
      IF YOU FEEL DOWN YOU LET DOWN ! Don't be a stranger ! You will be fine
      I think I hear my phone is ringing ..... lololololol I kid a lot
      Hang in there I hope you get my message WE CAN DO THIS !!!