Tinnitus Sufferer for Many Years...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JMobile, Feb 26, 2017.

1. JMobile
      Fine

JMobile Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected vocal noise trauma
      Hello,

I've had ringing in my ears dating back to grade 8 at least. It's always there and if I think about it or it catches my attention it is quite distracting. Fortunately the daily activities and going on typically keep me distracted from it's annoying sound. The quite time is the time of torment of course.

I've had little feedback, help or suggestions from my doctor but I very much look forward to one day experiencing even just a single moment of complete silence - one I haven't had for over 30 years.

Someone mentioned moringa to me today with respect to a completely unrelated condition they were suffering but when they described it's benefits more I wondered whether it could possibly help me. My Google research had me stumble into this site here.

John

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @JMobile
      Welcome to the forum. You obviously is one of the admired T (tinnitus) veterans who have proven that T is livable, be it irritable or unbearable at times. For you to have 30 years of no silence and yet able to live most of your life as normal as you could is quite remarkable. You are welcome to browse the site to contribute to help out some T newbies here who are still struggling very hard with their new T. Perhaps share your insights with a success story post if you are so inclined. That way others can learn from a T veteran how to cope with T long termed. Regarding moringa, perhaps our notable member @Karen can say something about it as she has used this product and has posted about it in quite a few threads, such as this one:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ly-helped-lower-the-tinnitus.2293/#post-20251

3. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin
      Hey! A fellow smog inhaler! I'm also from the great GT of A @JMobile

I unfortunately don't know anything about moringa for tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JMobile
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @billie48
      Thanks very much for the welcome. I do recall the early years being very challenging and frustrating. But of course now it's a part of my life - but definitely some days are worse than others.
      It would be my pleasure to support others on here. While T has become like an old friend; there are times that I am quite weary of it and would like some relief. Over all the years I haven't managed or treated it in any way but rather just endured. From what I've been reading, it seems to be way more common that I had expected.

As for the moringa - it was Google that brought me to a post on here about it that I saw @Karen was a part of. I am likely going to try to get some this week and give it a try to see what kind of results I get.

Thanks again!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JMobile
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @devonlee
      Nice to meet you! Yes, I've been in the GT of A area for about 18 years now.

Thanks for the reply - I'll see what I can find out and post feedback of anything I personally see as results if/when I use it.

6. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

7. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ^oops. That didn't work right.

@JMobile

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JMobile
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @devonlee
      I grew up in and near Smiths Falls Ontario. Lived in the country on a farm and construction company for about 10 years before heading off to University in the big city of Ottawa and never returning home since. I'm in the Toronto area really only because of my daughter - otherwise I'd likely move back home! :)
      Tinnitus always has something to say huh? Stop and take a breather for even a moment please! lol

9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JMobile ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk and lovely to read your positive post and that you have coped well through all the years having tinnitus.
      Like you we can get up and down times and remember what it was like when tinnitus came in our lives.
      Your support to new commers with tinnitus will help so many people as Tinnitus Talk is world wide and a very busy forum with round the clock support....lots of love glynis

10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @JMobile,

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk! Yes, those of us who have had tinnitus for many years have learned to endure, but we would still like to find some relief from it. We are glad you've joined us, and I'm sure your voice of experience will be welcome to those who are new to tinnitus and to the forum.

I took moringa oliefera for many months, perhaps as long as two years. It didn't take away my tinnitus, but it did make it easier to cope with. Now, my tinnitus and PT are fairly steady, so I have just been living with it.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the moringa, after you've been taking for a couple weeks. Please do update us on your experience with moringa, and let us know how it affects you.

Again, welcome to Tinnitus Talk!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    11. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @JMobile, hi !
      I was wondering do you also have hearing loss?
      Dom

12. Ricardo AM
      No Mood

Ricardo AM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 / Hyperacusis since 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic trauma
      As we have been chatting for a while this afternoon, knowing you are new here is / and for the purpose of having faith in the future (more or less close) keep an eye on this 2 threads, in case you did not found it yet.....

(And this is for everyone else too)

Cheers!

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eration-—-maybe-we-can-know-more.3131/page-83

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ics-—-hearing-loss-regeneration.18889/page-12