Announcement Tinnitus Talk's Forum Software Has Been Upgraded

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Tinnitus Talk, Dec 10, 2011.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tinnitus Talk
      Balanced

Tinnitus Talk Knowledge Base

Amongst the new XenForo 1.1 features are the following:
      It's now also possible to specify when your tinnitus started: if you are already registered on TT, go to https://www.tinnitustalk.com/account/personal-detailsand on the lower part of that page you'll see "Tinnitus Since" text field. Fill it if you like. Also the tinnitus start date can be entered when registering on TT, not mandatory though.
      20111210-5hnwyijb67g24bmhus1q5chin.png

• Like Like x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      The forum software was just updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 - if you notice anything broken or missing, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    3. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Cleanly done Mr Head Honcho

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Well thank you :) Mr. Moderator, the title of which could be tinkered with... to a bit little less serious! Our member click somewhere hinted Members could also do with a new title, I remember her suggesting "Pitiful Sufferer"as an alternative... Member does seem a bit generic, so suggestions are welcome from everyone!

As an aside,
      Signing up to Tinnitus Talk just got easier than ever: now it's possible to log in directly using a Facebook/Twitter/Google account.
      3wmFTpo.png

Wishing everybody a great week!

Markku

5. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Ha, "pitiful sufferer" - that's funny. We should start a thread asking for suggestions. "Forced Practitioner of Stoicism". "Tinnitus Insulter". "Tone Head". Maybe I should go to bed...

• Like Like x 1
    6. click
      Busy

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      hmm.. I like 'tone head!' !:p

7. click
      Busy

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Markku's title; keep 'head honcho' (even tho it sounds like a cowboy & I can almost visualise him on a horse);
      moderator new title... 'packing a punch';
      the rest of us... 'mere mortal'.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I loved DezDog's Tone Head too. :D

But I think click's latest suggestions are the way to go as they are very fitting, made me giggle a bit and shouldn't offend anyone and waaay more original than the stock ones.

+1 to DezDog and click

9. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      hmmm... I liked my title from before! ;)

Not kin to the mere mortal comment. I don't find it funny.... not being grouchy... just opinionated! :)

I don't particularly go for hierarchy titles. No one is "less" than anyone in this world in my view. Everyone has unique qualities that they contribute to humanity. I respect everyone. Not saying you are being disrespectful, just myway of expressing!

I contributed before inspecting the site for the changes. It's something I felt important to do for the continuation of the site. It is a blessing to most of us here... ones that post and those that just view.

Have fun boys....

Thanks to our fantastic moderators!! You go! High five!!

ps... I am not having a high T day! It's is not the T that prompted me to comment. Just so you know!

much love here for you all....

10. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      It was for a long time that even I and Jim had only "Member" as our title. When I created Tinnitus Talk, I purposefully right away edited the default Administrator title to Member, as I thought everybody here were members & that the Administrator gave a feeling of sort of coldness and "bossy" - the feeling of which I hated.

That changed when several people contacted me through the contact form asking who they could ask for help regarding the site, which prompted me to change my and the moderators' titles to something more appropriate.

However, since now there's the "staff" badge too - which was added later - the title below the username doesn't carry that purpose any more and basically could be the same one for everybody.

Which is a point I didn't think of earlier today. Neither did I figure that some people could see the title of Mere Mortal as inappropriate. Maybe because I personally actually think we all are mere mortals in the big picture skewed my view and didn't think too much into it. Point taken and something learned. :angelic:

Considering all of the above, I'm still giving click and DezDog +1, I especially liked "Mere Mortal" and "Tone Head", but in the end decided on "Colleague". That's a title that should play well for everybody.

Now to other matters... :couchpotato:

11. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      If no-one else minds then, can I be "El Presidenti"?

• Like Like x 1
    12. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012
      I've just been stopped posting on the other thread about title changes!!!

I still intend to say my two pennies-worth though!

I dont like 'colleague' at all. To me that applies to a work situation and reminds me of corporate companies.

I also think Markku and the others should be distinguished differently as they work for the site and control it. I liked the 'Head Honcho' and also 'Community Manager' titles. Just makes me feel like there's someone there looking after things.

Just my view

• Like Like x 1
    13. Emma

Emma Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hmmm...I never even noticed it said "colleague". I would prefer to something simple like "community member" and I think that board moderators should have their own title.

14. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      As a member of a post-soviet block, I vote "comrade" :LOL:

just joking!

• Like Like x 1
    15. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I like "Community Member", too! And "Head Honcho" and "Community Manager" are fine with me!

16. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Community Manager/Member are too long, would span over two lines, look bad.

It seems newer isn't always better. Reverting back to Member / Manager / Head Honcho.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback dear friends! :watching:

Markku

17. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      I want a badge to wear.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Go to your corner, nau! :joyful::joyful:

19. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      OK, OK, I'm going <grumble moan grumble>.

Last plea - if you're "Head Honcho", I want to be "Minion".

OK, I'm in the corner, you won't hear any more from me now.

20. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012
      'Manager'?, You've been promoted DD!

Didnt Markku and Jim used to be called 'Community Manager'? I thought that's what I had seen. Well, this has been a rumble in the jungle hasnt it? Proves the motto - ifs its not broken dont fix it!!