Tinnitus That Changes 5 Times a Day

Discussion in 'Support' started by Daveyrvancleef, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Has anyone any succes with Tinnitus related to neck?

For some reason my tinnitus changes allot, like 5 times a day.

Typical changes:
      - High pitch becomes higher.
      - Higher pitch becomes a bit less higher.
      - Feeling the tinnitus and not feeling it.
      - High pitch goes to the background and replaced with a lower frequentie.
      - High pitch more noticable on the right side.
      - High pitch more noticable on the left side.

I can get a bad spike when I'm having a really bad posture. I have witnessed that a couple times. Besides that I can control my tinnitus on the left side of my 'head' with my jaw.

If anyone has some advice where I should start looking (which muscle or nerve), I would appreciate it.

2. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Do you experience any neck pain? If so where? If not pain, do you feel any muscle tightness? Are there imbalances in how tight your muscles are on one side or the other? For example, if you are standing straight and looking forward, tilt your head back (by looking up) and see if one of the sides of your neck bulges more than the other. The neck should be symmetrical and any asymmetry would provide a clue. Once you have found any asymmetries, see what nerves are in the proximity. I say this because I had noticed that my right sternocleidomastoid muscle bulged out a lot more than my left. Near this muscle is the vagus nerve, which some researchers believe can be implicated in tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I regular experience neck pain, also near the traps and sometimes I also get headaches from sitting too long in a bad posture. The pain at the traps is due to my work outs, I train allot.

I will ask my sister tonight to check if I have any imbalances between the muscles around my neck and i'll let you know.

Have you done anything for your muscles around your neck and got any results?

An hour ago my tinnitus was so high (tea whistle 9/10) I could feel it, but now the level is normal again (7/10). I experience this at least twice a day.

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      My T is all over the place all the time , at its worst when i wake up...always.,

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I too get headaches if I experience neck tension. I saw an orthopedic doctor and he wanted me to take an anti-inflammatory (diclofenac) for 21 days. He said you need 21 days for the full effect to "kick-in." I'm not sure where he got that info but I've been taking it faithfully for almost three weeks now (17 days to be exact). I've noticed that the bulging in my right sternocleidomastoid is almost gone. I've also noticed that I no longer feel "imbalanced" (if that makes sense) anymore. Interestingly, the pain I used to have at the base of my skull on the right side of my neck has now switched to the left side of my neck. It's almost as if the entire time my left side was somehow compensating for my right and now that my right is getting better, the left side is dealing with the aftermath. I also find that a heating pad helps relax my muscles. However be careful with heat because it also increases blood flow and could also increase inflammation. I have not tried cold pack therapy because I think I'm too far removed from any injuries in the past. Cold is only recommended for acute injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I personally cannot take diclofenac , its an NSAID. My T spikes instantly ?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      What you are explaining about the left side supporting the right side, I have seen that with shoulder injuries allot. If someone has a weak right shoulder, the left will compensate for it in an exercise. So when the right shoulder is healed, the left shoulder starts hurting. I have seen this a couple times.

Did you notice any changes with your tinnitus?

I was thinking about acupuncture and fixing my posture at a chiropractor.

8. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I used to get a lot of "fleeting" tinnitus back in April/May/June. Now I don't get it anymore. As for the regular T I have, I notice it in my left ear in the morning, but when I get up and move around, it goes back to my right ear for the rest of the day. I suspect this has to do with tension in my neck switching sides and what not. Interesting what you've seen with respect to shoulder injuries. Perhaps that means my right side is indeed healing. I would be careful with chiropractic. If the chiropractor is basically helping you with physical therapy the I suppose it's not a bad thing. But I would stay away from any manipulations as that could cause further injury.