Tinnitus to Silence Event: 4 Success Stories (Video)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Blodorn, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Blodorn
      Bored

Blodorn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi!

I'd like to share with you these four videos recorded at the "Tinnitus to Silence" event. Maybe it could help some of us to get better, I don't know. :)

Don't forget to put subtitles on as the sound quality is kind of poor.

Julian Cowan Hill - "Julian starts the Tinnitus to Silence Event where four speakers describe what helped them get back to silence"
      Tinnitus to Silence Event - Julian

David Lam - "David Lam tells his tinnitus story and what helped him get better"
      Tinnitus to Silence: David Lam

Adrian Dickenson - "Adrian Dickenson tells his tinnitus story and how he got much better"
      Tinnitus to Silence: Adrian Dickenson

Orlando Valota - "How Orlando got from tinnitus to silence"
      Tinnitus to Silence: Orlando Valota's story

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Been very anxious to see this... Will watch later... Thanks for posting!

3. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      More of his hackneyed, abracadabra, platitudinous advice about how all you have to do is neutralize your panic/fear reaction to this and the brain will somehow reduce the intrusiveness.

We have been hearing this laughably amateurish, pseudoscientific drivel for 153 videos.
      As someone earlier indicated, this kind of New Age Shamanism interferes with the real sense of urgency regarding the imperativeness for developing an effective drug and/or treatment.

Curiously, Hill and his adherents never make the slightest reference to Dr. Susan Shore, Lenire, drug testing for suppression of neuronal hyperactivity, cilia reconstruction or any other legitimate, serious research.

It is as if such references will puncture their carefully constructed self-deceiving illusions and render totally obsolete their "methods."

When I watched the segment featuring Orlando Velota, he actually described this Tinnitus Talk Forum as inhabited by "the dark goblins who lurk there" and urged the audience to avoid it because of our "negativity."

This explains why Hill in such an unprofessional, cowardly fashion neglected to respond to the commentaries when he posted his notice here of his seminar.

Velota's too-colloquial, jokey manner was very irritating; you have to wonder how anyone who actually has this beyond the moderate could adopt such a cavalier attitude.

He also mentioned that he heard a news segment on the BBC about a man who committed suicide because of severe tinnitus, but never mentioned that Julian Cowan Hill's "treatments" would have helped him.

He was also suspiciously vague about the actual degree that Hill's methods resulted in his tinnitus reduction; the best estimate is "50%", but it apparently still can fluctuate enough to interfere with his sleep.

Hill has always advised about living a completely stress-free life, as if we are all independently wealthy and can cocoon ourselves from any seriously challenging situation.

He has always insisted that stress aggravates tinnitus and Velota was distressingly vague about achieving such a totally non-stressed life.

Velota's entire advice consists in the panacea of learning to be no longer afraid of this; you can allegedly achieve a satori-like "breakthrough" no matter how loud and annoying the sound is if you just "let go" of any negative reaction.

I would like to have brought as an example a recording of a horrendous, severe tinnitus sound level and expected this group to have remained oblivious.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    4. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I'm done saying "they have good intentions". Millions of people will continue to suffer every day partly because people like those don't understand that yes, tinnitus can be severe for decades, can be debilitating in itself and not everyone can reduce it. They genuinely don't think that we need medical treatments.

Constantly saying that severe sufferers are just negative and dominating support forums and groups is exactly the kind of thing Jastreboff says as well. It's always "us good people actually trying to get better" vs "those negative people that have a victim mentality".

Truly no sympathy or understanding, just more misconceptions. We should all leave comments below those videos. People saying "habituation of perception" works for everyone are doing more harm than good.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 8
    5. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      The circus has arrived.

6. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I had some time to review it.

Number one the sound quality is terrible. Captions are a bit off/inaccurate.

It's a bummer for me that most of them are stress induced - as mine is noise induced. The last guy claims noise induced but compounded by stress.

That being said, I have no ill or negative feelings towards them. Julian is helping people, for free, and if you review any comments on his YouTube videos there are tons of people who genuinely feel help or some relief by him. I will never downput somebody trying to help.

You've got to understand, it's like religion, if YOU don't buy it, then that's fine, move on. I can't stand people who put energy into cutting others down. And truly, if everything he says is total BS, and it doesn't apply to your experience, it doesn't mean its not good for others, and it certainly doesn't mean the science community is going to go "he's right, tinnitus is no big deal, let's not work on it". Clearly with FX-322 and Lenire and others, there's a lot of research and money going on towards this issue.

I respect Julian very much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      He has literally called tinnitus a "temporary condition". He is harming severe sufferers that don't get better. Just read the comments under his videos by people saying that we can all learn to tune it out and that you just have to stop seeing tinnitus as a threat. There are already two studies showing that this doesn't work everyone. The things he says are exactly the kind of things many severe sufferers have been told by doctors, strangers and well-meaning friends and family members that don't understand this condition fully. He's perpetuating harmful misconceptions and putting the blame on the sufferers.

You can promote mindfulness, CBT, stress-reduction, etc. without throwing severe sufferers under the bus - but he doesn't do that and it's not a coincidence, it's on purpose. Because he's convinced he's found the cure which he has said in several videos.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Very informative. Thanks for posting. Will watch all of them when I have time.

9. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Very insightful, Autumnly:
      In viewing these latest videos I find it very curious that Mr.Hill has almost incessantly assured us that his methods have resulted in 100% permanent silence for hundreds of patients, but all he can find is Mr. Orlando Velota, who states that his best times resulted in only a 50% diminution.
      Why couldn't some of the other "hundreds of total cures" have come forward?
      And Rb86, please note that in one of his videos Mr.Hill said that it could take up to two years for his Cranial Sacral treatment to achieve full effect.
      At an average of two visits per week at even as low an hourly rate of $85.00, this would total $17,680.00 (and I can guarantee that no American Health Insurance Carrier or Medicare would cover this).
      Mr. Hill obviously has a more than selflessly altruistic motivation in peddling his treatments.
      I further find it curious that Mr. Velota could achieve such a substantial reduction without any Cranial Sacral "work."
      All he had to do was learn to "let go" of his anger/fear.
      Why then is Cranial Sacral "treatment" necessary?
      These characters continually contradict themselves to a bewildering degree.
      And finally, Rb86, in another video Mr.Hill actually said that writing the word "love" or "hate" on a piece of tape and then affixing it to the outside of a container would alter the molecular composition of that substance inside that container (the examples he gave were ice and rice).
      I cannot communicate with anyone who endorses such a borderline psychotic departure from reality. If in fact Mr. Hill sincerely believes this, then why isn't he recommending that we all wear large pieces of tape on the sides of our heads with "LOVE" written on them? If the presence of this word can apparently penetrate the steel shell of a cooker, then surely it can penetrate my cranium.
      In another video he recommended dry fasting, and I found this to be criminally irresponsible given that we have had the 14th hottest July in Chicago in the last 149 years (with high temps of 97 degrees).
      In these conditions no fluid intake could easily kill even a relatively healthy individual.
      I do not know what laws pertain to credentialed requirements for dispensing such advice in England, but I can assure you his total lack of credentials would make all sorts of his professions of advice illegal in the State of Illinois.
      Mr. Hill is no more legitimate than the phony psychic who states than in return for being paid he will tell you what the winning lottery numbers will be.

• Agree Agree x 2