Tinnitus with a Feeling of Pressure in My Head

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danig, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Danig

Danig Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there,

About three months ago (one or two days after I made a big effort at a fun run, although I can't be sure both things are related) I started having this hiss-like tinnitus in both ears, and at the same time I have a feeling of pressure in my ears and also in the areas of my neck close to them, and also behind my nose. I can feel the blood flowing in my ears, but can't feel my heart beats, which might discard a pulsatile tinnitus (?).

My ENT firstly thought it was a Eustachian tube disfunction, and gave me corticoids for a few weeks, then betahistine... to no benefit. Made an MRI, tested negative, and an audiometry revealed a mild loss in one ear. Other things I've tried out are gingko biloba and reducing my salt consumption. Nothing worked.
      My ENT finally gave it up as a idiopathic (i.e. primary) tinnitus, but I have the suspicion that this tinnitus would go away if I could get rid of that pressure I described.

Anyone can please give me a cue on what's this tinnitus, and/or what can I do about it?

Regards,

Danig

2. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      I sometimes get the feeling of pressure you're describing if my neck and jaw muscles are tense. Also massaging my neck has settled my tinnitus an awful lot so I suspect that at least some of my T might be somatic. Maybe the same goes for you?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danig

Danig Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Actually, I think I have night bruxism (undiagnosed yet), and there's a possibility my tinnitus is related to it, although my symptoms of it are not very evident (perhaps it's a mild form of bruxism). Anyways, I've tried massaging the area as you suggest and haven't noticed any relief in my T or my pressure.

This morning I went to my GP and he prescribed me a psychoactive drug called sulpiride. In principle it seemed like a good idea to me, but now just reading the list of side effects is making me anxious.