Tinnitus Worse Day AFTER Workout

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tacio Naja, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Tacio Naja

Tacio Naja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi All,

I've read a number of threads on tinnitus worse/ louder after exercise or a few hours after exercise. However, none on tinnitus worse the day following exercise. In my case it may even continue for a few days. Even a relatively light 15 min jog makes it worse the following day.

What I eat and how much I eat before going to bed affects how bad the tinnitus is the following day. I have to eat massive amounts of food containg protein (chicken for example) to reduce the effect. Protein shakes do not help despite having more protein than a chicken breast. Either case, the tinnitus will be worse - the question is by how much.

Needless to say, this does not motivate my trips to the gym. I have been looking for a solution for a few years with no success.

Does anyone have a similar symptom? And if so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance,

Tacio

2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      How do you know there is a correlation with your Protein intake?
      What is the cause of your tinnitus?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Check your Blood pressure as exercise can make it go up and your tinnitus also exercise that causes impact like jogging and treadmills unlike swimming...lots of love glynis

4. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      My tinnitus definitely spikes after aerobic exercise. Just do walking and gentle stretches now.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tacio Naja

Tacio Naja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Sebastian - I say protein works because I'be gone to sleep after exercise with and without ingesting protein and the difference on my tinnitus the following day is substantial. I suffer from Meniere's disease, which appears to be the origin of the tinnitus.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tacio Naja

Tacio Naja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thanks @glynis. Does not appear blood pressure related. I've monitored blood pressure before and unsualu came out of it. Low-impact exercises also cause this symptom. Even walking causes tinnitus the followiny day if I do enough of it!

Thanks @volsung37.

7. RobertD

RobertD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden tunnel vision, syncope
      Tacio, my Tinnitus reacts exactly as you specify. It's the day after and depending on recovery usually at least 2 days after.

I've run my entire life. However, only when I had sudden onset severe chronic intractable tinnitus have I noticed that exercise makes in 10 times as worse. I do take medications to lower my Tinnitus. Even then, however, exercise makes it worse for usually 2 days until I recover.

I used to run every day sometimes 2 times a day when training for a race. Unfortunately, I now have had periods where I exercise 2, 3 max 4 and sometimes just once per week.

~ Robert

8. Sash
      Doubtful

Sash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      cleaning out wax
      Yes my T and H are worse after gym, running and swimming. With running I think due to the impact on the ground which reverberates throughout my body including my ears and noise from passing traffic also causes haywire with my ears. Gym maybe overstrain and just clunk with the weights. Just amazes me how already given up everything else - headphones, nightclubs, deejaying, festivals, cinema, bars, football matches now T is hinting to give up exercise too ☹️

9. Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      I do believe there is a correlation between working out and increased ringing. Straining of any sort even for short stretches increases blood pressure thereby increasing tinnitus(some will argue the perception). The one thing we want to do instead off staying inactive can actually work against us. Just another crazy symptom of tinnitus. With respect to foods and salts, I have not notice any negative affects. I pray that TOMORROW is TODAY for a viable cure for us all. It’s time well overdue!!!