Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 01discodiva1973, Jan 22, 2018.

1. 01discodiva1973

01discodiva1973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      i have had this most my life
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi there my name is Jenny I am hard of hearing and a very bad tinnitus sufferer I have had this for many years so cant really say when it started my hearing got picked up when I was 12 but as I have got older my ears have got worse and so has my tinnitus especially when I am upset or stressed for any reason . I got really ill in my 20s and my hearing took a major plunge after that. As I go through life i am finding things more difficult and feel alone at times with no one to really to talk on how i feel, I joined this forum just to meet new people really who suffer the same as what I do for ideas or just general chat to help me feel better and more relaxed about things. I try and keep a active life style but I do find my self struggling more and more each day.

I do islolated a lot of the times and miss out on many conversations even though I lip read it can prove difficult at times even more so when I am out, I have dealt with this most of my life but even I have to admit now that I feel like I am going down hill I feel so sad at times its horrible.

I have tried many things to try and help my situation but failed on most and considering most things are brought prices I find are stupid. I do work part time to keep me self sane so they say haha so happy Monday to you all and I look forward to chatting with anyone that's free.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi Jenny,

welcome to the forum. Your situation is completely normal for someone that suffers from tinnitus and hearing loss. Those 2 elements can seriously isolate our lives and make things a lot harder. I have been in your shoes before and to some degree still am. My tinnitus is louder than the freeway noise, if you stand on the side of the freeway. My hearing is very poor. I will have to ask people to repeat themselves at times and I have no shame about it.

You have 2 possible issues here that you might want to address. First it's the tinnitus, what can you do to cope and habituate to it? Next it's the hearing loss, what can you do to possibly correct this issue? I suffer from loud tinnitus and horrible hearing too. I have habituated close to 95% and live a good life. I socialize and do my best, sure I cannot hear all that great but I wing it and careless.

There is no shame in life, if we give things a try and have the heart of a champion and try things regardless how we feel. Life is still a wonderful thing, even with the screaming tea kettle from hell, that lives in my head. Don't ever give up. You are never alone here, we look after each other and support each other on this forum 24-7 :)

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/you-are-a-champion.23000/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/the-power-of-accepting.25551/

Read those posts, as it has been helpful to many members here.

PS- If you need support, my PMs are always open to help.