To Reduce the Level of Sound with Earplugs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Orkhan, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
      Hello, Name is the Kahn Nurive!

I have had tinnitus for 2 years, training in boxing and got hit on my left ear, now i have it in both ears with hearing loss. this is my audiogram test !!!

although the tinnitus I am a amateur musician after tinnitus I have been in very loudly environment for singing at wedding, night club, and again night club. without ear plugs and it dosent change my T is the same just after the peformance when i got at home My T was really loud than it was then it get how it was before.although doktor said that you have to wear ear plugs for anything you do which is relevant with your ears like swimming to be at concert, festival etc. I have my own dream with music in the future.

I havent been at a loudly environment for a long time now eventually i have to buy ear plugs but I have no idea what kind of Should I buy? I've read, there is some ear plugs for musician you can hear all sound normally when they are in your ears like (To reduce the level of sound) with ear plugs is it true is there ear plugs like this??? please just tell me which ear plugs should I buy? I am afraid of wrong decisions can get my T worse. I have never used ear plugs before.

So I need ear plugs where i can wear them to protect my ears from loud noise when i will at concert or wedding.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I find the vented ones the best that reduce sound to a safe limit and can hear normal conversations.
      Mine are from Boots Chemist and clear rubber with vents.....lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
    5. madsci

madsci Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, Low-flying military aircraft, nicotine together
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi, @Orkhan, I have the molded Etymotic musicians ear plugs and love them. They have filters that pop in and out, so you can change the level of protection. They also allow you to hear stuff going on around you. And they comfortable because they are custom-made for your ears. I went to my audiologist, who did a mold of my ear canal, then sent the mold off to Etymotic, where they made my plugs.

Downside: mine were a bit expensive. About $250. Insurance did not cover them. Needless to say, I am very careful to keep track of them.

8. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Really depends on the person. I have large ear canals and the only ones that seem to give even close to the reported db reduction for me are hearos xtreme.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
      Hi there! Thank you for ur answer
      how much db is decreasing what is rate ?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
      really can be right oh my god what can I do !

11. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You may have to try different ones and see what fits, and what seems to block out the most noise.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
      I dont know I hope I will brother

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Custom ones are probably the best.

I use ER20s for most things including riding an ATV(In addition to a helmet that has decent sound protection) that can go over 100dBC at the exhaust pipe. And they work well for me. I'd like to get some custom ones soon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Res...1_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FKJKSVNPY0C9G29C20BE
      I use the large tips.

I find that Foam plugs are too uncomfortable and attenuate too much sound and make my tinnitus perceptually worse.

I have two pairs of Earmuffs as well that I use for Mowing the lawn and other stuff. Peltor X5A.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orkhan

Orkhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hit on the head
      can i use this to go to a concert or a wedding ? ER20 ?or do you ?

15. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Orkhan Can you pick up a few types and see what you like best? That's what I did...bought a variety of them, after study (looking at ratings, too, on Amazon), then have tried them. Everyone seems to have their own favorites...and then you need a variety of earplugs anyway depending on whether you want strong protection or lower level protection in various situations.