Tonal Tinnitus (What Does It Mean?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Guys,

I've read many times in here the term "Tonal Tinnitus"

What does it stand for?

I'm just trying to describe my symptoms...
      Sometimes I perceive my tinnitus as a hissing.

But no matter how loud I perceive it, or if it's gone (no audible), there is always an "eeeeee" sound when I cover my ear.

Is that tonal tinnitus?

And do all people with tinnitus have that "eeeee" sound when covering ears?

Thanks

2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I think one can only have tonal eee tone and or have them both the hissing and tonal sound. I have them both. My T is generally a hissing but when I cover my ear I can hear very loud eeeeee sound too. When I get spike, I also hear the eee sound above the electrical hissing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      We have the same kind of T.
      Mine is a contant "eeee" when covering ear, when it spikes it can be fucking loud haha.
      and some days i get the hissing.
      others days i dont.

usually in good days i dont get any "noise" (unless i go to a very silent room)
      i dont percive any hissing, but if i cover my ear... there it is the damn "eeeee"
      thats sometimes morphs into an electrical "eee" tooo

weird condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I too have eeeee always and hear it all the time over everything.

5. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I think I saw you said you have anxiety disorder, right? I have been dealing with it for 6 years now. I wonder if our Ts are related to it. Hmm...

6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good question, my tinnitus is more of a very high pitched hissing, but it seems like it spreads a broad spectrum instead of just one single frequency. But it is not multiple tones either. I can hear it over everything too.

7. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Mostly the eeeeeeeee and the hissssssss and every now and then, a lower organ note sound that comes (and thankfully goes) on for under a minute. Weird, indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Well... its hard to know, i got my T after a very very very stressful period in my life,
      ive always been prone to anxiety after my mothers death, but i took several therapies with my psychologist and had a very postive outcome, but last year i had a few set backs due to poor medical diagnosis about my health(stupid doctors always the problem haha) and i believe that maybe that made me super reactive (i used to woke up in the middle of the night shaking for no reason) maybe.. anxiety moves chemicals in our body and brain.

but also i have to be honest a month earlier i spent every weekend clubbing til 4am, lots of earphone usage (as usual), fireworks, etc...
      but.. i don't know many questions so little answers to be honest hahaha.