Tone Cancellation Technique

Discussion in 'Support' started by I_Detest_Ringing, Jan 27, 2018.

1. I_Detest_Ringing

I_Detest_Ringing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe Otitis Media
      So after 4 months of 24/7 right ear hissing, or fizzing , I decided screw it I'm having some music in the car tonight, I am sapped of all joy without it. After an hour of not so loud music I felt great but then both my ears began to ring - I don't usually get a ring tone, only a hiss. I then got a 3 second spike of super loud terrifying tinnitus in my left ear which was hard-core so I turned radio off.

The music wasn't even that loud either, what a bummer. All night I've been using online tone generator site to match the sound I hear. After a few seconds of listening it cancels out the tone I hear, but then it comes back or switches to a different tone, after which I've then returned to the tone generator (http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/)

Is this normal for tinnitus? I' so utterly depressed with it, I'm a musician for 20 years and never got loud exposure damage , always super careful using earplugs. I've been vaping cannabis concentrate lately and I'm suspect it' caused it, as when I vape it now with tinnitus, it makes it very loud.

I can't listen to music or chill at night with a vape, totally sickened :(

Also if I put fingers in my ears and wriggle, I get few seconds silence like when using tone generator cancellation.

Another thing if I listen to tv programs it doesn't set my ears off but music at the same volume does, how can that be? Is this normal ?

2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      If u inhale the smoke up your nose you could have allergic rhinitis and Nasacort will fix it.

Yep, everything you wrote is about right and normal. It will get better 4u.