Trauma/Valsalva with Neti Pot

Discussion in 'Support' started by AlexZ, Dec 5, 2017.

1. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hello guys,

Can you give me feedback on what to do please?

2 days ago I did Neti Pot thing following engineers method, and water I believe got stuck in my ears, in 1 hour I felt:
      - crazy pain in both ears and jaw
      - crazy tinnitus (9/10) , I've never had it so loud
      - left ear is pulsating (the sound is like the air is pulsating), sometimes it whistles like the air goes out of balloon
      - and my ears are very sensitive to noises (could it be hyperacusis?), but I can listen to music and tv still

It's now day 2 of this terrible feeling. The only symptom gone is pain, the rest is still there.

My doctor in the hospital looked to my ear canal and said that everything is red inside. He proposed me antibiotics and tavegil (antihistamine)

Did any one had this problem? How can I ease my symptoms? Will this spike and sensitivity stay or do I need to wait to have it gone?

Can hyperacusis develop from this as my ears are very sensitive now?

p.s. I will not do valsava with water anymore...

Thank you in advance

2. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      I am sorry to hear about this

And to think I had and used one of those Neti pots once!

Of course there is maybe a correct way of using them, and you did not use it correctly.

I have no idea what you can do, except also consult a qualified yoga teacher or organisation about your problem. Perhaps some other yoga practisioners has run into the same problem and know a solution.

What a drag all these ear problems! I am having a bad H. setback just because I talked too long on the phone (15 minutes with some psycho female and could not break away emotionally despite knowing I should). And now I am paying the price! Not to mention I am getting kicked out of my apartment!

Hey, good luck, my friend!

Marco

• Like Like x 1
    3. JamesNOLA

JamesNOLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Played in a rock band
      I had a similar event, though with T, not H. My T is pretty responsive to my sinuses, and a bad cold had set my T off like a banshee. I ran the Neti pot for the usual reasons, and thought I had unleashed the fires of hell in my brain.

My T was off the chain for about a week and a half... the infection and the spike went away roughly at the same time, maybe a day or two apart, of their own accord, but I cried like a beaten child most of the week.

You know how it is with T: every spike, you feel like it never really gets better.

Your mileage may vary. That was my experience.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thanks for support. Now it's day 5 of a spike. My ears ring like a church and they are sensitive... hope i will get better in a week. but at the moment cant hold my tears. im afraid that it will not go away

5. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      I really understand the distress that we might not get better while we are in a crisis. I can't speak for T since I have little, but my H always gets better.It takes time and protecting the ear.

A couple of days ago I got a notice that we have to move by July next year. In the meantime the new landlord has agreed not to do any extensive noisy renovations in our place but might downstairs. So I am freaking out. Also I am taking care of my elderly mother who is 93 , and she has to go thru the stress of the move. And I can hardly talk on the phone, although I am minimally OK with ordinary sounds, so how am I going to manage doing all the work necessary?

So it is drag .Problems up to my eyeballs.

Take care.

Marco

6. dazraf

dazraf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Did you use sterile water ? And not tap water? Because that can cause infection.

You might have plugged up your Eustachian tubes. Hopefully it will drain and your condition will go back to normal.
      You could try really minor/subtle Valsalva manoeuvres to try get the air moving.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thanks buddy. It's almost ok for me now. At least it's not severe and i can go on now. I believe that I've opened them and irritated. I've used tap water. Ended up in hospital, doctor prescribed be amoxiclav to avoid any infection. i'm better now , T is there still but spike has ended and ears are not that sensitive as they were. I believe in few weeks it will be back to normal.

8. dazraf

dazraf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Good to hear man. You can’t use tap water. That’s a big no no. Don’t ever use tap water again. Read up on it. You have to either boil or use steriled bottled water.
      I slight got waters into my tubes recently using the netipot and had ear blocking sensation/crackling noise. It tapered off in a few days