Treating Infections / Cancer

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, Jul 19, 2015.

1. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Hi all, I know I'm probably just over thinking. But in theory, touch wood, as I'm young I have many years of life left (I hope). I'm bound to get infections, cancer or serious diseases etc at some point.

Treating many of these involves ototoxic drugs. It just seems like it I were to get any of these, it'd make my tinnitus increase drastically. It seems like youd be in a loss loss situation? Either cure and have unbearable tinnitus, or die from a serious infection/disease?

I know that's probably being too negative, but it worries me a lot, especially as I'm seen as at high risk from a particular cancer due to an operation I had when younger.

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      You're thinking too much. By the time such a thing happens (hopefully long into the future if at all) your decision making will be motivated by different factors.

Hows the NISMO? That post has stuck in my mind.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      That's true. Hopefully they will have a way of quieting the noise too! Pick it up Wednesday or Thursday, can't wait! :)

4. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Well maybe someone who have a huge disease like this will have drugs with POTENTIAL ototoxic effects.
      Potential, not sure. And even if their is antibiotics with ototoxic effects you should'nt worry about something that maybe you will never have.

But i's a good reason to have an healthy way of life ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      It's been reasearched that except for lung cancer and maybe some intestine cancer this illness is determined by genes, so not much we can do about it. Theoretically everyone can get one. Life is no fairytale, but let's just try not to spoil the life before it happens by worrying about it. I just hope by the time we can get some serious disease the cure for T will be there so in this aspect it's good for the young of us. Whatever will be, will be..

6. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I think this is something you should not worry about until you have to. We all have enough on our plates with chronic T, H etc. you may live a very healthy life anyway